UK Prices finally approaching reality......

oldgit

Visit site
Yes its listed as being very "original" but a sensible bid is going to get this shaft drive Corniche for under that sub 30K asking price,and its in the UK so no need to waste hours desperately attempting to find those legendary cheap MED flights everybody assures you are just there for the taking. :)
Now if I can just find a Princess 35 or Sedan 36 witha similar realistic price .......
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAIRLINE-CORNICHE-31-POWERBOAT-RIVER-MOTOR-BOAT-WITH-TWIN-DIESEL-ENGINES-/391242956315?hash=item5b17e5be1b

Last edited:

jfm

Visit site
legendary cheap MED flights everybody assures you are just there for the taking. :)
The low price perhaps reflects the fact the engines are "river horsepower"
I'm on the 1720hrs British airways tomorrow from Gatwick to Nice, for a 3-day weekend trip. I bought the ticket off BA's website late last week. £129 one way in BA business class. But let's not "go there" !

rafiki_

Visit site
Did anything ever come of the Princess 388 in Cardiff you were asking about. It's now on at 45k. Had a quick look when I was berthed near it in July. Looks a lot of boat for the money.

50 m from us this evening at Penarth. Apparently about £20k needed to bring it up to snuff. There is another 388 at Upton. No idea of condition though.

sharpness

Visit site
50 m from us this evening at Penarth. Apparently about £20k needed to bring it up to snuff. There is another 388 at Upton. No idea of condition though.

The one at Upton has just sold. Nice condition. Had been up for sale quite a while. Last marketed price of it was 70k, no idea what it actually went for.
Curious to know what the Penarth one needs 20k spending on it, mechanicals will soon eat into it, but if just cosmetics and update nav kit, then 10k and it's still a lot of boat for 50/55k.

rafiki_

Visit site
The one at Upton has just sold. Nice condition. Had been up for sale quite a while. Last marketed price of it was 70k, no idea what it actually went for.
Curious to know what the Penarth one needs 20k spending on it, mechanicals will soon eat into it, but if just cosmetics and update nav kit, then 10k and it's still a lot of boat for 50/55k.
Don't know the details, but a friend of ours is very interested, and this was his feedback.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

The low price perhaps reflects the fact the engines are "river horsepower"
Not sure thats right. I have a friend who owned a later model Corniche 31 (the one with grp radar arch) and that reached 25kts+ with TAMD41 200hp engines. This boat seems to have TAMD40 engines which, granted are rated at 165hp, but IIRC are the same block. I'm guessing with the 165hp engines, the Corniche might have hit 22-24kts when new but I guess should still be good for 20kts now. You might be thinking of the Turbo 36, a few of which had these same TAMD40 engines, and those indeed did struggle to push the Turbo 36 onto the plane and could be described as 'river horsepower' but the Corniche was a fair bit lighter of course and should plane quite readily with these engines

I always liked the Corniche myself. Roomy boat for its length and not a bad sea boat

Racingfrank7

Visit site
Local to me boat never seen it move off its mooring in 5 years until it disappeared from it to go to yard !
Old git I know where there is a 36sedan that has just come on the market it's a friends needs modernising but canopies and covers arnt that old and it had 2 brand new engines in it when he bought it that had just done 50hrs she is now on 260hrs.