UK Based (Liverpool if possible) Solicitor for Boating Matter

Tranona

Visit site
How does this differ from the CCJ track? Seems a lot more convoluted to me; and less of a threat to the defaulter, plus, no problem with payment as the Court arranges that..

A CCJ is for when the debt is already there, such as an unpaid utility bill.

With the OPs case he first needs to go through the court to get a judgement against the seller, and the Small Claims Track is the way to do it, as you don't need to use a lawyer and most of it can be done by correspondence. I and many others here have used the process for relatively small claims (max is £10k), and if you have a good case it is relatively straightforward, although you might have to attend court if the other party contests it.

The position now according to the OP is that the seller seems to be in breach of contract, so the process I outlined to try and resolve the dispute is what the court would expect to see before the claim is filed. Then it is up to the OP to present his case as to why a contract exists, what the breach was and what his losses were as a result of the breach.

If the court finds in his favour, then a debt will exist and if the seller fails to pay up then there is a process for enforcing the judgement that ultimately could end up in the HIgh Court and in go the bailiffs. Hopefully it won't get that far.