Two 6ft stretcher bunks, free to a good home

Donside

Visit site
These came with my Sigma 362, and have never ever been used.
They were designed to fit above two settee berths in the main cabin, and have lived warm and secure in my garage for 6 years now.
If they are of use to someone, I can unfurl them for photos, otherwise I’ll strip them down and use the wooden poles for gardening, or something.
They are in Glasgow.

D

Deleted member 36384

What a coincidence. I am near Glasgow. My Rival has these in the design but we’re removed. I have been meaning to reinstate.

PM sent

Scotty_Tradewind

Me: South Oxfordshire. Boat, Galicia NW Spain
Visit site
Scotty,
Do you mean the fittings on the boat?
yes i suppose so, unless there is a fitting for pole ends to drop/lock into bulkhead ends(?)
What type of canvas for ideal strength is best... typical hood canvas? I suppose when not in use they could be rolled to fit into a large hook/ hoop/ fitting on the side of saloon(?).
It’s something i’ve pondered over whilst on longer trips when i’ve listed on the settee inside my lee cloth. Even to stow gear up there would be a good temporary place when extra crew are aboard for crossing Biscay, on to the Azores or even for the occasional mother-in-law(?) although i think times run out for that.
many thanks ?
S.

Last edited:

Goldie

Visit site
On most Bowmans, Rivals etc, the arrangement is as per the internet pic below. The fabric is secured at the outboard side and the pole passed through a sewn ‘tube’ in the inboard side of the fabric. Some have lee cloths sewn on, some don’t. The bulkhead fastenings are simply shaped teak with 2 recesses for the poles to sit in which give a choice of deeper or flatter shape. On my boat, the poles are alloy tubes with plastic caps on the ends to protect the wooden bulkhead supports. When not in use, the whole berth stows away in a shallow locker with a hinged door, just visible in the pic. They’re great at sea and surprisingly comfortable.

Attachments

• 15E26B30-23F5-4852-A81C-7AB0FEEF978D.jpeg
    15E26B30-23F5-4852-A81C-7AB0FEEF978D.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Scotty_Tradewind

Me: South Oxfordshire. Boat, Galicia NW Spain
Visit site
On most Bowmans, Rivals etc, the arrangement is as per the internet pic below. The fabric is secured at the outboard side and the pole passed through a sewn ‘tube’ in the inboard side of the fabric. Some have lee cloths sewn on, some don’t. The bulkhead fastenings are simply shaped teak with 2 recesses for the poles to sit in which give a choice of deeper or flatter shape. on my boat, the poles are alloy tubes with plastic caps on the ends to protect the wooden bulkhead supports. When not in use, the whole berth stows away in a shallow locker with a hinged door, just visible in the pic. They’re great at sea and surprisingly comfortable.
That’s a very neat set-up. Just as I imagined the wooden cups attached to the bulkhead.
Many thanks for your info’ and photo?