TVR

miket

Visit site
I am surprised no one has posted on this event last weekend.
I was only there for the competition on Sunday morning, which was interesting in very gusty cross winds.
There was a good turn out of boats, around 65/70 I believe, and a nice spread amongst the 4 clubs.
Lots of people put in a lot of effort and apart from Monday the weather was pretty good.
Well done to all those who set up the weekend and thanks to all those who attended.

Ramage

Visit site
I was there all weekend. It was our first time at the TVR. Our impressions of the weekend were: fabulous location (Temple Island very pretty lit up at night). Great atmosphere, very kind and welcoming people. Excellent catering and reasonable bar prices. Weather was interesting and was very gusty by Sunday night/Monday morning.

The PA was rubbish and we were disqualified from winning the quiz because our table, like the whole far end of the Marquee, were unaware that they wanted the papers marked by another table.

The rubbish PA also marred the prize giving on Sunday, although the important news that Bray Cruiser Club were the overall winners managed to reach us!

Oh yes, the Real Ale at the bar was superb /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

But it had run out by Sunday night! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DWT

Visit site
We went for the first time. We are not members of any of the 4 clubs having received an invite through the Broom Owners Club. This caused a bit of confusion about who we were and how we got there, but once it was established that we were not gate crashers everyone was very friendly.

We took our ten year old daughter and her friend and they were pleased to see there were a good number of other children there. We passed on the Saturday evening meal, but enjoyed the Sunday evening.

I have to say that we are not particularly good a staying in one place for more than a day and my wife did start to get a bit restless. Fortunately she had to disappear on Sunday morning to teach (she is an aerobics instructor) which helped. Maybe she could do a Sunday morning class in the marquee next year, stretching or light aerobics, to help work off the meal the night before or the breakfast. I wonder if there would be any takers?

Overall I was very impressed with the organisation and it is a great location. Congratulations to those whose hard work made the event a success.

kengill

Visit site
How do you get a boat in a TVR? I used to squeeze the cat and the wife in both of ours - He sat on the spare wheel cover beehind the driver disdainfully baring his teeth if anyone wished to overtake - not that they did very often.-

Brayman

Visit site
I don't think there are many forumites at the TVR (unless they are forum lurkers). I'm not aware of any Harleyford or Windsor members on here. I get the feeling that the majority are in the lower reaches.

We did have a problem with the PA system and had to revert to using the band's equipment which I suppose is set up for singing rather than speaking.

As one of the organising team I think the Rally went pretty well but as ever we are keen to learn and improve. A review meeting will be held in a couple of week's time when plannig will start for next year's event which we hope will be bigger and better. Aerobics on Sunday morning - that sounds like a novel idea (for the ladies of course!). It's the silver jubilee next year.

Gavi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
How do you get a boat in a TVR? I used to squeeze the cat and the wife in both of ours - He sat on the spare wheel cover beehind the driver disdainfully baring his teeth if anyone wished to overtake - not that they did very often.-

[/ QUOTE ]

My TVR had worse electrics than my boat, but I think this is going off topic... that said, I once had it on the plane going through Birmingham on a very wet afternoon!

jaws

Visit site
As another member of the organising team I think it went very well indeed. 10 boats in the competition. 2 Bray boats in the top 3. Bray winning the team cup for the 3rd year in a row.
The PA system was a problem, but i'm sure we'll sort that out for next year.