TV overseas

BigJoe

Visit site
If you have good enough internet, or an all you can eat dongle, I suggest an amazon fire stick, great for films and TV shows, then you could download Mobdra, its not difficalt, as I did it, with the help of youtube. Then you have countless sport etc.

However, I'm not sure how legal mobdra is .................

Davy_S

Visit site
I used to use filmon.com a lot when i lived on Kef, it is a shambles now compared to how it used to be, you could download an hour of tv without paying, it is busted unless you pay, we tried it in Kefalonia and Tenerife, just got bombarded with ads, I don't need it now, but i would try some other way, waste of time imho.

greeny

Visit site
Filmon is now 14.99 a month so i stopped that after paying for several months and the service was slowly getting worse.
Mobdro is a free alternative that works quite well but quality is not always there.
My latest is to pay for a vpn - fairly inexpensive if you do it for a year, and then watch bbc iplayer, itv go, etc etc. Doing it this way gives you decent quality and catch-up tv downloading etc.

greeny

Visit site
Exactly why i was asking the question. So you would still need a vpn and a contract with lots of data on roaming. Thought i might be missing something though.

ip485

Visit site
Yeap, you need a VPN service, but that is relatively inexpensive. Loads of data is also a prerequisite. All the quality from the Bbe is then available. I have streamed from Inmarsat Fleetbroad Band in the same way but it is eyewateringly expensive.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Filmon is now 14.99 a month so i stopped that after paying for several months and the service was slowly getting worse.
Mobdro is a free alternative that works quite well but quality is not always there.
My latest is to pay for a vpn - fairly inexpensive if you do it for a year, and then watch bbc iplayer, itv go, etc etc. Doing it this way gives you decent quality and catch-up tv downloading etc.

Following a recommendation on a ybw forum I paid for Cyberghost vpn, luckily monthly, initially worked well for getting bbc iplayer, but after a few months iplayer was no longer accessible, so subscription cancelled. I’d have been pretty hacked off if I’d paid for a years contract. And the same has happened again, so I avoid long term contracts.

Which vpn are you using currently?

greeny

Visit site
Following a recommendation on a ybw forum I paid for Cyberghost vpn, luckily monthly, initially worked well for getting bbc iplayer, but after a few months iplayer was no longer accessible, so subscription cancelled. I’d have been pretty hacked off if I’d paid for a years contract. And the same has happened again, so I avoid long term contracts.

Which vpn are you using currently?

PrivateVPN (please don't tell anyone else, i don't want it to get oversubscribed)haha
Nordvpn also works well as a friend uses it.

colind3782

Visit site
Interesting - tether to what, and how do you get the data to the phone, wifi or data connection on 3g?

Tether to my laptop on the boat using 4G or wifi if handy. The problem with VPNs is that the BBC etc., soon get wise to the new ones and block them. I imagine that they'll get wise to me using my phone data too so it's good that I don't watch much TV!

B&M

Visit site
I gave up trying to watch BBC, as I have a sky subscription I watch that instead, no VPN required. I believe that all subscription services are available now in the EU. It is odd that theBBC is not considered a subscription service despite paying for a license to watch here in the U.K.