Turdstones!! Well thats we call them!

mickywillis

Visit site
Turnstones. Little buggers, poop everywhere on the boat this year. Took 3 hours to clean all the muck off last weekend, back down today and its just as bad!! This year has been really bad for them in Langstone Harbour. Nearly all of the boats on their moorings have been deposited on. When you go out in the tender,you see them congregating on the boats, sitting on the foredeck, along the side decks and on the cockpit coamings.
So what can be done next year to stop them sh*tt*ng all over the boat? What bird scarers do people use? I'm not keen on netting everywhere, just looks messy and is a faff to put on /take off when required.

thinwater

sail-delmarva.blogspot.com
Firearms. (in fact, I am one of the surprisingly numerous Americans that is not a gun owner.) But honestly, the poop is nothing.

Two weeks ago a bald eagle twisted my masthead wind indicator like a toy. All of the plastic bits were on deck. They play with them, like a cat with a mouse. Even the 1/4-inch aluminum axle/mast was bent.

I once found bits of a racoon skeleton on the boat. Muskrats sculls common.

And as Monty pointed out, cormorants are worse than gulls.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Where I moor, we have fish eagles and yellow bill kites that tend to keep the messy birds away.

The issue we have are monkeys who raid out food store if we leave the wash boards unattended for more than a few seconds

Beneteau381

Visit site
Turnstones. Little buggers, poop everywhere on the boat this year. Took 3 hours to clean all the muck off last weekend, back down today and its just as bad!! This year has been really bad for them in Langstone Harbour. Nearly all of the boats on their moorings have been deposited on. When you go out in the tender,you see them congregating on the boats, sitting on the foredeck, along the side decks and on the cockpit coamings.
So what can be done next year to stop them sh*tt*ng all over the boat? What bird scarers do people use? I'm not keen on netting everywhere, just looks messy and is a faff to put on /take off when required.
There used to be an old mariner in Pwllheli who advocated putting Sterident tablets in a piece of soft sliced bread and feeding the pests. Made them expand a bit he reckoned!

rogerthebodger

Visit site
If someone confessed to a crime it is still a confession.
Not much help to keep the birds away.

If he confesses of his own free will (no Courion) and it is recorded correctly and signed by the offender.

I drought a so-called confession of a forum where the originator is hidden would not hold up in court

Refueler

Visit site
My Windex has lost its 'tail' from some fat Seagull perching on it ....

I used to have loads of Starling shite from when they hit the Blackberry bushes when boat was at Hayling Island. I tried all the CD's ... pendants on strings etc ... made very little difference as the bastards were shitting while flying over ... clinging to stays / masthead etc.

Bristolfashion

Visit site
Someone will be along to suggest loading cannon with turnstones, gulls starlings & all the rest and firing them at Orcas!

Nature is not much loved by some on here.