Troll of the Year Prize 2010 ...

andygc

Visit site
... goes jointly to Sarah Norbury and Andy Du Port of Chichester for their great achievement in provoking a new thread on ensigns that contains absolutely nothing that has not been said before and which had 73 posts between 211240ZNOV10 and 221038ZNOV10

and all from just one daft letter.

correction

74 posts between 211240ZNOV10 and 221050ZNOV10

Last edited:

Zagato

Visit site
It's a shame these forums seems to have such a 'bitchy' feel to it, I've never known a forum to have so many heated exchanges and snipes at one another, as a newbie it seems to be the underlying culture on here. I have however read many informative posts which have been kept above board and thought the PBO forum was the most sensible.

The nature of any forum is that topics will be repeated - thankfully I now know the difference between a red and blue ensign ;)

TiggerToo

Visit site
... goes jointly to Sarah Norbury and Andy Du Port of Chichester for their great achievement in provoking a new thread on ensigns that contains absolutely nothing that has not been said before and which had 73 posts between 211240ZNOV10 and 221038ZNOV10

correction

ooooo,
I don't know about that. There is a strong contender from someone who claims to have more money than sense and is undecided whether to shell out £1M on a Swan or half that on a Bavaria...(or was it a Beneteau?). :D

andygc

Visit site
ooooo,
I don't know about that. There is a strong contender from someone who claims to have more money than sense and is undecided whether to shell out £1M on a Swan or half that on a Bavaria...(or was it a Beneteau?). :D

Nooo. That's only got to 72, Ensign Etiquette has made 126 at 231210Z. If the Swan's to compete it needs a lot more interest.

Fantasie 19

Visit site
ooooo,

Whether it's a troll or not, and I don't believe it is, it's been a very informative thread..... I've learned more about 50' boats than I'll ever need to know, but hey, I like looking at boats... :D

TiggerToo

Visit site
Whether it's a troll or not, and I don't believe it is, it's been a very informative thread..... I've learned more about 50' boats than I'll ever need to know, but hey, I like looking at boats... :D

me too. And I love the Swans (even if the upholstery in the ones advertised for sale looks like in need of redoing).

But it is deffo a Troll.

All that Oyster Bashing. Methinks Oyster Sales persons are the new Bavaria Keels:D

now there is a thought!

saltwater_gypsy

www.saltwatergypsy.com
This equally mindless post is beginning to take on the characteristics of a troll.
If I then up the anti and say that only a complete idiot (probably a Bavaria owning member of the Liberal party who also uses a CQR anchor and an Eber heater) would dream of responding to this rubbish then we would be almost there!!!
Don't take this too seriously . I am only pretending to be a troll!!!!

Tidewaiter2

Turning Left this season?-Nach Friesians?
Visit site
You Forgot the Ensign!

This equally mindless post is beginning to take on the characteristics of a troll.
If I then up the anti and say that only a complete idiot (probably a Bavaria owning member of the Liberal party who also uses a CQR anchor and an Eber heater) would dream of responding to this rubbish then we would be almost there!!!

But what Ensign has that idiot got on his boat???

Visit site

correction

What is a Troll ?

Tidewaiter2

Turning Left this season?-Nach Friesians?
Visit site
NO, no, no, Trolls are svart-alfar!

One of these:

They live under bridges and eat goats and people, or live in old quarries and mines and eat just people.
They are 'dark elves', forever causing trouble in the world.......Oh, I see where you're coming from now- amazing how the 'old folk' adapt to modern mankind's way of living, isn't it???http://www.ybw.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

KAL

Visit site

Sorry - could someone enlighten me. WTF is a troll? I thought they were all turned to stone at dawn in 'The Hobbit'.

Ariadne

The Mrs kids and boat are in Grenada. Me? I'm in S
blog.mailasail.com
It's a shame these forums seems to have such a 'bitchy' feel to it, I've never known a forum to have so many heated exchanges and snipes at one another, as a newbie it seems to be the underlying culture on here. I have however read many informative posts which have been kept above board and thought the PBO forum was the most sensible.

The nature of any forum is that topics will be repeated - thankfully I now know the difference between a red and blue ensign ;)

You to try Gwladrugby.com for bitchiness, this place is for babies!

Fantasie 19

Visit site
Sorry - could someone enlighten me. WTF is a troll? I thought they were all turned to stone at dawn in 'The Hobbit'.

Someone who delights in dropping extremely contentious advice/comments/criticisms into forum threads so as to stand back and watch the conflagration that then ensues.... on a quiet forum they can be a boon at times, but generally they are a considered a pain in the 'arris... :D