trip to Torquay

martin

Visit site
I want to take my Princess V39 to Torquay next month. Can anyone recomend a good transport company.

Also, any tips on where to go when I get there would be welcomed.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Cant say I like Torquay that much. Too many yobs and kids
for me but theres two nice little pubs up a back street across
the road from Weatherspoons.
But never mind theres loads of nice places round the corner from Torquay to visit. Try the little cove on the way into Brixham for an hour or two. Then Dartmouth just a few miles or Salcolmbe one of the nicest places there is. Then just round the corner, on a fine day theres Agatha Chrispies Island where she wrote all her books and the smallest, oldest pub youve ever seen. Then up the river Yelm for the night.
Make sure you've got a dinghy and outboard on the davits or all the nice little places and pubs you'll miss.
Nearly everywhere has water taxi's so get used to tieing to a buoy in the rivers or pontoons in the middle.
Why dont you just sail the boat round to Torquay!! its the easiest trip you will ever get and thats what its for anyway.
Or do you put your car on a truck to go to work??

martin

Visit site
Thanks for the tips..

Original plan was to take the boat round the coast. But as have already done that once can't be bothered. So far I have made it as far as Poole Harbour about two years ago, but had wifey and babes aboard!. This time its me with some chums for the first week, then just me and the missus the next week and then us and the sprogs for the third week.

Thought I would get a feel for the place over the first week without the grupenfruer rather than slog round and risk getting stuck somewhere in bad weather.

Also, I have to have the bloody thing lifted to change the anodes so once you subtract the cost of that from the cost of transport vs drive it , there aint a lot in it..

G

Re: thames valley interboat

I used Thames Valley Interboat on 0118 941 2112, jolly good, and nice calm Jenny sorts it all out.

G

Martin

buy the anodes and change them in a bay on the way around,lots of people use shell bay just outside Poole harbour it shelves off quite slowly and you can anchor in a few foot of water on a rising tide without the risk of getting stuck.

Cruise it to Torquay, far more fun than sticking it on a truck !
we went from Poole to plymouth last year . spread it out over a couple of days and had a great time.
We refuelled in Torquay which was full of tourist traps selling kiss me quick hats and other tat, Dartmouth is far nicer.

martin

Visit site
Will check out Dartmouth for when I am alone wiv Mrs..Torquay is for when the ankle biters are on board...they luv all that..

G

Re: putting the car on a truck

I did this once for a trip to SE and it was wonderful. We just got off at QAB and wafted off in our own car instead of tramp tramp tramp. 350 quid though, each way.

duncan

Visit site
Can't help feeling that trailer to Solent then weather dependant trips from there - which might include Poole - Weymouth - Torquay - Dartmouth - Salcomble - Yealm - ..er anyone get him to Plymouth???
Anyone recomend where he should get started? Northney? Port Solent?..........