tremlett boats

Duster

N/A
Visit site
Hi Gordon,

Nice picture, delighted that you are enjoying About Time. Have you had to do much work on the boat?

Last week I was with Erik (the boats former owner) he spent a lot on the boat and will be pleased that it has gone to a good home and is being enjoyed.

Best wishes mikej

gordmac

Visit site
Hi Mike,
good to hear from you. I got the port engine fuel pump overhauled and I put a new head gasket on it as well, goes better but leaks a bit of oil which I think it did anyway. Messed about a bit with the fuelling as well, the starboard engine will run clean at 2500rpm but the port one won't run beyond 2200rpm without smoking. Might test the injectors next but she sits about 16kn no bother which is fine. Got a stainless platform made, new wood on it and did a bit of tidying up in general. Next chore is to give the deck a fresh coat of paint. Really pleased with her, just the job for me.
Is your boat still up here? Happy enough to take Eric for a run if he wanted.

Duster

N/A
Visit site
Hi Gordon

I am pleased the boat has worked out well for you, I was sure that it would.
Erik went back to Zurich last Saturday but I will contact you next time he is over.

Since we last met I have sold my boat, a combination of the struggle to get serviceing work done properly and on time in the west highlands and not enjoying the boat as much on my own since my wife died, made me decide to let it go.

I have not replaced the boat yet, but still spend a lot of time in Argyll in the summer. I now spend 6 weeks of the winter boat / game fishing abroad and may continue to do that rather than replacing the boat.

Regards mikej

paulw73

Visit site
Hi Guys I am probably a bit late on this forum but I'm looking for some info regarding a Tremlett 21 I have just bought shes a bare hull at the mo and ive just started reconstructing here bow section cabin mould in place 'happy so far' but I am looking for some info regarding the floatation chambers they are of a H frame design and not cut in to look yet but appear hollow. if so does anyone know why this would be. I would presume from previous boats I have own that they would be filled with a 2 pack expanding foam to aid buoyancy and structural integrity. Also while I'm on the info trail does anybody know what the transom is constructed of (internal materials) as you are more than aware a transom strip down is something not to be done if possible.
I'm grateful of any help thanks Paulw73

paulw73

Visit site
Thanks for the heads up Gordmac I was thinking that when I originally commented. But saw all the comments here and thought there maybe be a few with knowledge still surfing the thread. :)