Training starts today

oGaryo

Visit site
Hungover and still half asleep after staying up all night but getting on the bike in about 20mins time to start the training proper... no booze for January coupled with a combination of cycling when I can at weekends and walking 7 miles to work Mon to Fri instead of taking the tube should do the trick :encouragement:

oGaryo

Visit site
That hurt.. going up hills, against a fairly strong wind with a hangover is not to be advised :(

Thought I'd started Strava but got back to no activity recorded, doh.. did the usual 12.5 miles route.

fireball

Visit site
Well done :)

Took an easy mountain bike route of about 3 miles with SWMBO - took as long to clean the bikes as to ride the course. :D

P4Paul

Visit site
I stayed on the couch most of the day, but did get up quite a few times for crisps and JD and coke's.
Tomorrow is my rest day.

Taken my inspiration from the cycling sub continent of India and starting my build up to the ride by eating a Bombay Bad Boy pot noodle for lunch. Don't think I am not taking it seriously, it's a king sized pot!

SpottyDog5

Visit site
Taken my inspiration from the cycling sub continent of India and starting my build up to the ride by eating a Bombay Bad Boy pot noodle for lunch. Don't think I am not taking it seriously, it's a king sized pot!
I like your thinking, that bad boy will supercharge your experience tomorrow, (I find string pants work best) good plan.

SpottyDog5

Visit site
I'll have you know, I have my first training session with Mr Zippy tomorrow, there better be a fry-up at the end of it.
Plus Marianne made me buy a helmet today, so I can look like the rest of the dorks.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
I'll have you know, I have my first training session with Mr Zippy tomorrow, there better be a fry-up at the end of it.
Plus Marianne made me buy a helmet today, so I can look like the rest of the dorks.
Ooooo.. you just need a couple of grands worth of carbon bling, and some pink lycra shorts, and you'll be well away.... with that sophisticated set up, you'll not need to bother with the training.... :D

SpottyDog5

Visit site
Ooooo.. you just need a couple of grands worth of carbon bling, and some pink lycra shorts, and you'll be well away.... with that sophisticated set up, you'll not need to bother with the training.... :D
I was in "Go Outdoor" this morning looking at all the kit, they had a great bike in there, looked a bit like a mounting bike but with rally massive tyres, I really liked it, it was called a Fatman (bit like a personal number plate) I was temped, but settled for a bottle of slime for my tyres instead.
I can't possibly buy anything that indicates I'm serious as my performance will soon show otherwise.

fireball

Visit site
Eek ... I'm beginning to wonder if I really should try to join in this group ride ...
1) I don't want to be recognised with u lot on bikes in your biking gear
2) I want to retain my eyesight ...

fireball

Visit site
Ah - the mobile picnic or travelling beer is fine ... it's the getup you lot are going to be wearing that worries me ....
Although I suppose it'll keep the traffic at bay! :D

(I will join in if I can)

P4Paul

Visit site
Just been looking into a bike for the event. Worked out Transport for London wants £48 to hire a Boris bike but it has to be returned within 24 hours. Good thing is they come with front and rear baskets for the picnic hamper and wine bottles.