Trailing a boat from Scandinavia

extravert

Not far from Uwchmynydd, near Bwlchtocyn, just up
Visit site
I may need to get a boat back from Sweden soon (if I buy it). It's 9.2m with a gross weight (boat trailer) of 2.9 tonnes. It's in Vastervik, 100km south of Stockholm. I don't have a vehicle that can tow that, so I got a couple of quotes from boat deliverers to do it for me. I am currently typing this from the floor, which is where I ended up when I got the quotes. One wanted £5000, the other about £3000. I will have the trailer, the boat will be loaded and prepared, all I want them to do is go over there, hitch up, and drive back to North Wales. It will need a Land Rover or Land Cruiser sized vehicle to tow this.

Do these prices seem reasonable? How could I do this cheaper?

Visit site
I would have thought for that kind of money you could pick up a decent second hand 4 x 4 and still have money left to cover ferries, expenses etc. That way you are free to move around in the future.

aitchw

Visit site
You wouldn't need to buy a vehicle. Hire one for a week and have the benefit of cover in the event of breakdown. Only reservation is road weight of the combination. You would have to check regulations/restrictions across the EU.