Trad Nav weekend?

tillergirl

Visit site
Report just coming in.......

A man has been arrested after being seen cruising up the Crouch with his gentalia exposed.

The man, named locally as Dan, was reported as saying that he'd forgotten about the fresh epoxy coating he'd just finished on his bow, and found himself in the unfortunate position of having glued his testicles to the bow sprit.

A large group of, mainly female, firefighters are currently employing careful use of a series of solvents in an attempt to extract him.

A firefighter spokesman described the situation as 'hard to deal with'

Its believed to be part of a strange new navigation ritual inspired by Pacific Islanders.

Locals said they are getting rather fed up of it, as its the third time this year that members of the Crouch cruising community have glued body parts to their boat, with the well publicised 'naked helming after sikaflexing' incident onboard luxury yacht Fullcircle earlier in the year receiving a great deal of publicity.

Meanwhile, the police are exploring links with an east coast resident who appears to regularly disappear off the pacific and far eastern destinations. It is believed he may be a key factor in this new fad, and is secretly distibuting hidden messages through a well known local pilotage book.

The RCYC refused to comment as they prepared for their annual Clacton Cruise

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Should we also go back to Seafarer Echo sounders that read zero on the digital reading if it goes right round the dial to 20+ metres for this challenge as well? Remember stopping in fog in the Barrow Deep terrified when the digital reading read 0.9 metres when I though I was in the middle of the channel (I was - in 20.9m of water)..

Remember doing just that going down the Alderny Race - :eek:

nigelm

Visit site
Should we also go back to Seafarer Echo sounders that read zero on the digital reading if it goes right round the dial to 20+ metres for this challenge as well? .

Oi ! i still have one of those things :eek:

but i used to sail between hullbridge and titchmarsh without using a chart or gps back in the days when we calculated our position on how many beers we had got thru :rolleyes::D:D:D

fergie_mac66

Visit site
At least in the old days - swing that lamp - we had the wonders of Radio Direction Finding to update the DR / EP. :eek:

I did get bored on one of my trips last year and started fixing as I ran along the French coast, only every 30 minutes or so not like the 6 minute visual fixes I did from Newcastle a few weeks ago in Trumpeter (the 'new' Raider) increasing to 3 minutes when approaching / leaving harbour. No students onboard so I had to earn my keep!

Assuming I go to Calais at the end of May I'll try and remember to do that without GPS / Chart Plotter. Luckily variation is almost nothing on the East Coast!!

well perhaps you could keep a check on your pos with consol

Last edited: