Towergate and Towergate Mardon Insurance are they in trouble?

PhilipF

Visit site
I've already posted that Towergate took over the insurance broker I was using in Sherborne Dorset. I also said that this office has now been closed down. Strikes me as pretty odd to purchase a business that was being run as an insurance broker, by an excellent and hardworking team of people, the shut the whole lot down. Like I say, it was being run as a brokerage then. To me there is quite a difference between doing broking and then taking on the insurance oneself.:disgust:

One of the properties that they had taken under their wing to insure for us, was a house let off in flats. Some months ago this house had a 'break in', and some damage was done, so we made a claim. Towergate has not paid out, and to be honest, I doubt they will. They did send an assessor to the property, I received a letter from this person claiming the house had required to be much more secure than this assessor had found. I felt this was impractical and a nonsense, being that it was a property in occupation by a number of tenants. I 'phoned the Sherborne office, and the person then working there, confirmed my views, and said "it was not right". So, this firm will not get any business in future.

dukes4monny

Visit site
My 27' yacht unfortunately picked up some gelcoat damage on my pontoon berth during in a recent easterly storm together with some damage to the pushpit which requires some welding. I have been insured with Towergate Marine since I purchased the yacht just over 7 years ago.
I have never had to claim on any insurance policy that I have ever purchased. Rather than try and make the repairs myself I thought that it needed professional attention and decided that I would need to make my first ever claim on insurance.
I phoned Towergate Marine to find out the correct claims procedure only to be told "You aren't covered for that"..........
Well, I was gobsmacked to say the least. I am now on the lookout for an insurance company that actually covers my yacht for non-fault damage if anyone has any suggestions?
I have in the past recommended Towergate Marine insurance to others, I can only apologise for my mistake. BUYER BEWARE.............DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM TOWERGATE MARINE INSURANCE!

beebok

Visit site
In the past I would happy recommend Pantaneus but not anymore.
I have posted a thread just before christmas headed insurance.
I am most likely to go with Y Insuance run by ex Pants people.