Torrevieja overwinter?

goeasy123

Visit site
We're considering overwintering on board in Torrevieja. There a 3 marinas. Which is the best for liveaboards.... community, facilities, activities etc?

veshengro

Visit site
My only experience is of Marina Salinas on two occasions although 2 or 3 years apart, last time 2011, so a few years ago.
Overall, quite happy although I'm not a Spanish fan boy, it just happened to be convenient and cheaper than up the coast at the time. I didn't use any haul out facilities etc:, but showers/ facilities were fine and it's close to Town. Bars in the marina and if you are of a mind, other live a boards, although length of stay and other time restrictions may have changed that situation.
Usual street market in the Town and a coach/Bus station as well as railway station.
As far as activities are concerned I can't help as I spent most of my time out on my Mountain bike sculling about inland or along the coastal road. The Salt drying pans with bright pink water are worth a visit.
The Marina staff were helpful and there were no problems with security that I was aware of at the time. In short, I wouldn't live in Spain if you paid me, but no complaints about the Marina itself.

andrewbarker

Visit site
I kept my boat there for 5 years until 2022. It's a lovely, friendly town. They still do an evening promenade (paseo) most days and young & old seem to get on really well. Christmas is nice with community events at the Plaza de la Constitucion. Personally, I don't think the local market is much kop - touristy tat mainly. The funfair is loud, colourful and busy at weekends. Lots of good little restaurants just in from the waterfront. Great seafood from sardines to tuna, and El Churro Negro is a good value, good quality Mexican. but apart from that, usual pizza stuff and an average Chinese.
I was at Marina Salinas on K pontoon where there were quite a few decent UK & US expat liveaboards. The Marina used to be a really lively night-time destination for locals and boaters, but it's well run down now. The Bars Niki and Bacanal are dead on their feet and most of the smaller bar/restaurants are shut overwinter. However, there's likely to be ridiculously loud club music blaring out until the small hours, even if there are hardly any customers.
Marina Internacional is a bit more up together. It's nearer the town centre and the eateries on the waterfront are at least still going. We used to eat and drink at the Nautic and the Ship Inn, but the Ship is less raucous and more downmarket these days. Also, a bit quieter that Marina Internacional and near the local beach.
No experience of the Real Club Marina - I think it's a bit stuck-up fir liveaboards.
Talk to Shahzad at MSK brokers (in Marina Salinas) about moorings. He's a straight down-the-line bloke and will do his best for you. I also found Navicularia (in Marina Internacional) to be OK for sourcing moorings.

skippeer

Visit site
Looking for a winter marina/boatyard for October-April between Almerimar and Port Napoleon.

Plan A
Initially I aimed for a hard standing with my tailored winter cover => Port Napoleon to windy due to Mistral and a friend on the hard in Almerimar didn’t use his winter cover due to strong winter winds.

Plan B
Our 38 ft sailingboat do have some water leakage on the teak deck that I have not been able to fix so winter cover is needed.
Looking for a secure and less windy winter marina.
Would Marina Salinas in Torrevieja match my search for secure and less wind during the winter?
If not some other recommendation?