Tohatsu 6 hp sail pro ultra long shaft stolen in Burnham on Crouch

FinallySailing

Visit site
Hello all ! This is a sad very first post on ybw for me.

Last Friday I was checking a famous auction site for bargain boat bits in preparation for the new sailing season. Saw (what is most likely) my own outboard advertised there on a 24 hour auction. I went the following morning to the marina in Burnham on Crouch to check on "Rockhopper". And yes, my outboard is gone ! The safety cable was cut through and the engine removed including and despite a transom lock. Following this at least another 4 outboard thefts have been identified at my marina. I've actually managed to put the winning bid on fleebay and got part of the details of the vendor (who hasn't got back in touch with myself). Police despite temporary arrests (the seller is well known to the authorities) have not been able to find any of the engines. It is listed on "stolenboats.org.uk", they did get the info slightly incorrect, though and I hope that following my recent email they will correct it. As I've not found anything like it on social media I've created a Facebook page as well for other victims to list their stuff : https://www.facebook.com/StolenBoatBits

Stolen Outboard FB.jpg

My outboard is a 2012 Tohatsu 6 HP ultra long shaft sail pro. This is the rare version with the extra long shaft of 25 inches. It has an external tank, tiller control, manual start and battery charging.

Model number MFS6CSU/L
Serial number 036989AA

Thank you very much !