Titchs boat -----question

G

Copied this from my post in "Titchs Fairline" Better still thought I'd make this an official thread

"Looks a great little boat. I guess Titch is quite young not like some of you on this forum, I
wish I'd been able to aspire to a boat at her (presumed) age. Seems like many people take along time to
possess their own boat or am I being presumptious again ?"

"The Med has got me" (no not the Medway the other Med)

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Even when many do get a boat it may not actually be theirs for a long time...........'Spose it depends how many years the marine mortgage has to run.........

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boatsontheweb.com/galleryframes.html> BoatsOnTheWeb and Boaters Photo Gallery</A>

G

Yes but when I was in my twenties say, I was saving for a deposit for a property mortgage so even if
I'd got into boating then, I can't imagine I'd been able to consider a marine mortgage alongside a
land mortgage. Maybe I was just a poor church mouse eh?

G

trust i am 20,i brought my sailer v cheap wen the foot and mouth was about (i moor my boat near a farm).I burned around in it then took it out painted it up found out it was a rare boat (but i cant sell it)went on hol fell in love with chucker(my fairline) and brought it.
I have been on boats from a v young age

i am who i say i am

G

Got bitten by the boating bug a bit late I'm afraid doubtless had I been "introduced" when younger I
would have saved for one. Brought up in the country well away from water, parents at all nautical
so the opportunity did not arise. Got the bug after hiring boats on Thames for holidays first narrow
boat then a "bathtub" as they are called.

Now gonna progress from Medway to Med. Welcome to the forum Titch

G

i know what you are sayin bein my age with a boat, but from the day i was born i was on a boat as the years went on i got the boat bug,

i am who i say i am

G

Yeah life is too short to worry about it, if you waited till you caould afford things then lots would pass you by
thast why I'm going all out to cruise as much as I can to make up for all the boatless years.

burgundyben

Visit site
I got fed up with waiting so remortgaged my house to the hilt and bought the huntress, was 30 when I bought it, and 31 now, am just in process of trading up to 28 footer, never looked back, probly youngest member of Fairey Owners Club tho, lots of old farts, nice tho, much like titch, ive been in boats since a kid, rowing at Cobden bridge since about prep school, sailing gaff rigged clinker boat since junior school and various boats since inc a five year stint after leaving school working in a boat yard

For sale, 1970 Triumph Spitfire-sold, 1947 Lambretta, 1922 Great grandmother, PM for details.

BarryD

Visit site
A few Broads holidays and a couple of trips out on pals boat. I'm hooked. Er.. fink I've arrived too soon as No 1. son not happy hence departure from boating, having said that I will be back. Not sure with what and when but the calm and relaxation that comes with casting off is too much to miss.

And now Byron - I'm not talking about F**king knitting!!!!

So you unscrew this, and put it safely here, then oopps...
All - IMHO, BTW, FWIW and NWGOI

byron

RIP
Visit site
Knit one, Pearl one, oh dear! dropped one /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

ô¿ô
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.freeware.mcmail.com/435.htm>http://www.freeware.mcmail.com/435.htm</A>

G

Re: Any views on my question

Any views on what I believe to be a pertinant question, curious to know how many people like me dicovered
boating at a late age, (well not that late) and whilst now being able to afford it, wondered how younger
people, short of rich parents, could afford to be doing serious boating in say their twenties.

EME

www.lumishore.com

Not difficult really, everything you say applies. theonly addendum would be that I found loads of other pastimes to keep me busy when I was younger...most of which didn't need the commitment that boating does

...I wanna boat please..

G

Yer very true passtimes like women, careers, travel, booze, d***s, rock & roll etc etc

EME

www.lumishore.com

Absolutely . In one.

................ and TB was different model (s) as well. AND I didn't need to spend that much money on attracting the wimmin

...I wanna boat please..

G

you think what alot of people think 20 got a boat and a car,i havent got rich parents and im not rich,i have finally sold my sailer so i can now pay for my fairline.I do work over 40hr a week as a carer

i am who i say i am

andyball

Visit site
absolutely right....a fairline 20 is still "serious" boating isn't it? Even mbm has features on trailering tiddlers up rivers etc

BrendanS

Visit site

Went boating as a kid in W.Wales as a kid, catching mackerel and the like, on a Shetland with outboard and loved it (neighbours boat), and later as a teenager a girl friends father had a small boat with v.beefy outboard kept down in Salcombe where they also had a caravan. He was decent enough to give me keys to both!.

Loved boating, but it was another 20 years before I was able to buy more own - too busy doing other things, and not enough cash.

Brendan