Timed switch for leccy loo

Cardo

www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk
Seeing as we managed to break the Henderson pump supplied with our relatively new Lavac, we're now back to using an electric diaphragm pump. The thing with it is you have to hold your finger on the button for 30 to 40 seconds to pump the loo. A right faff.

I've been looking for a switch that you press once and it keeps the current flowing for a predetermined number of seconds. These seem reasonably easy to find, however I was also hoping to find one that can be cancelled. So if we just want to empty the bowl a bit, we can press the button and then press it again to stop the flush.

Anyone seen anything like this?

longjohnsilver

Visit site
The Vetus elctric loo comes with a panel which has 4 buttons, single push for a long and short flush, then 2 others which you hold down to fill the bowl and another to empty it.. The panel can be bought separately for about £40, but have no idea if you can use it for other makes.

Cardo

www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk
The Vetus elctric loo comes with a panel which has 4 buttons, single push for a long and short flush, then 2 others which you hold down to fill the bowl and another to empty it.. The panel can be bought separately for about £40, but have no idea if you can use it for other makes.

I've had a look at the Vetus switch. Unfortunately, it seems to come with a special loom and plug that connects directly into the back of their loo. It also seems to work differently, having one function that fills the bowl and another that empties it. We have just the one pump that empties the loo.

ghostlymoron

Visit site
You could do it easily enough with a circuit comprising a latching relay with an interrupt push button if you can't find one that will do it all.