Tidal software and Microsoft Vista

MoodyCara

Visit site
Backwards compatibility is available in Vista, in proprties for that progaram is a tab for compatibility, select the operating system suitable for the software and it should run in vista

A

Anonymous

I'm no computer guru and hopefully someone (maybe someone beginning with with the letter 'B') will confirm this (or not) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif but the big problem with Vista compatibility is the drivers, not the applications software. Lots of hardware out there needs drivers that have not been designed to run on Vista and few manufacturers have got round to doing it yet.

I have not yet tried C-Map PC Planner NT but those drivers are not highly stable even with XP so I am not holding my breath.

A

Anonymous

[ QUOTE ]
I built a new system form the ground up and went for vista.... no probs and it works well for me

[/ QUOTE ] No probs with third party drivers - scanners, camera bits, card readers, GPS mice, and other stuff that hasn't got generic USB or firewire compatibility? I would so love that to be true as we are struggling.

jimbouy

www.bluemoonlight.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I built a new system form the ground up and went for vista.... no probs and it works well for me

[/ QUOTE ] No probs with third party drivers - scanners, camera bits, card readers, GPS mice, and other stuff that hasn't got generic USB or firewire compatibility? I would so love that to be true as we are struggling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I guess all my bits are probably upto date and thus have drivers avaliable. Samsung USB laser is working . Crappy Canoscan also working. Card readers USB hard drive. It was a bit of a bugger to get SAGE running but it works in the end.

Sorry...

Jim

malcolmbullock

Visit site
It's not a button, just a tick box in the properties of an executable. There was a simular thing in XP although contrary to the (rather ill-informed) comments expressed Vista works quite differently to XP in this respect. Drivers are an issue and XP drivers may not work. I downloaded the latest CMAP reader drivers from their web site and did get the reader working although I have decided to use an older laptop on board now and that's going to run XP not Vista.

aidancoughlan

Visit site
I have the same software (Neptune), with the same problem (Vista compatability). I loaded Microsoft Virtual PC 2007, installed XP on a virtual machine (under Vista), and it runs the Neptune software no problem. You'll need to use your old Windows XP license for the virtual machine though.

They said they are working on Vista compatability.