Tidal advice needed for wading across the river Erme.

scrambledegg

Visit site
My sister and family are planning a walk along a stretch of the coastal path between 7th - 12th May this year. The path crosses Devon's river Erme, where the options are to wade, or to detour inland to a bridge adding 8 miles.
Good tide data exists for the River Yealme to the west, and others to the east, but I can't find any so far into the future for the Erme (town of Mothecombe at the mouth). Can anyone help out with the data, or differences to nearby ports?
They're depending on me to avoid a trip to Davy's locker. Most grateful for any help.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Looks like it will be springs.

I'd be more concerned at the amount of water coming down the river with all this rain we have been having.

Given the recent UXB find in Plymouth watch out for unexploded ordnance.

Wave if they see me passing, I'll be back in the water by then.

oldbloke

Visit site
I hope to God that it isn't still raining heavily in 8 weeks time.
At low water springs you won't even get your knees wet. Fabulous piece of coast to walk, but getting the timings right for a ferry across the Yealm, a walk across the Erme and a wade or a ferry across the Avon is not an easy bit of logistics. Not a lot of accommodation either

Jon Stacey

Visit site
Thanks for all your replies guys.
There's 8 minutes difference to Plymouth Devonport times for the Yealm. If you follow the route on the signs and it's springs you will have no problems. Whether Billy will actually be at the Yealm ferry is definitely more of a challenge than the Erme crossing!