THOSE OF US WITH BOATS IN THE MED

Bouba

Visit site
We will he investigating the coast to the west of st tropez next season, any tips welcome !
Giving tips is fraught with obstacles. I advised my friends to fill up in Port Miramar, and I forgot that there is a €120 limit on credit card purchases. It took them two hours to fill their P50??‍♂️

Truro Ex Pat

Visit site
We did that part of the coast a couple of years ago but had to move further East as we had a storm blow through.
We did do Ciotat and that was a great little port and would defiantly recommenced it.
I am looking to go back in 2021 Covid permitting?

Bouba

Visit site
We did that part of the coast a couple of years ago but had to move further East as we had a storm blow through.
We did do Ciotat and that was a great little port and would defiantly recommenced it.
I am looking to go back in 2021 Covid permitting?
La Ciotat is one of my favorite ports with surprisingly good restaurants

D

Deleted User YDKXO

It is amazing how it can be blowing half a gale on that coast but as soon as you get past Theoule going east, it all goes calm again

kashurst

Visit site
Well finally arrived in Spain a few days ago - great trip on Brittany Ferries, they had everything sorted for social distancing etc.
One muppet boarded the ferry just after we did and kicked off as he was refusing to wear a mask at all. Yelling and shouting - total nutter. Anyway 6 big crew appeared and nutter and his van were extracted and taken off the ferry before it departed.

Today took the boat out for a spin to see how much fuzz had grown since it was cleaned/painted back in June. I was not optimistic as the boat hasn't moved at all since June - it seems pretty much none fortunately. It has been just over a year since I have driven the boat and it's surprising how much I forgot. I remembered to open the seacocks, engines started instantly - all good. Go up to the fly-bridge to take of covers etc, check rev counters - port engine rev counter not working! tried the throttle in and out of gear no response. Bugger - must be an electrical issue. Go back down to the saloon and start pulling out the manual, tools etc when I noticed the port engine had actually stopped.

It seems engines work better when you open the fuel valves too!

I decided on balance I had better read the chart plotter manual again, far too many buttons that I can't recall what they do, before I bugger that up too. Still it was a beautiful day out on the med - 28 degs flat seas no wind :D

John100156

Visit site
I had a similar problem once on my old boat with TAMD63s, it was a cable connector in the engine bay. I just disconnected any connectors I could find and cleaned them up, reconnected and all worked well - hope it's a simple (cheap) fault to repair, if not just fuel shut off.....

jrudge

Visit site
Lat time I saw war ships was a Friday afternoon in June just outside the bay of Palma. Nato exercises. They were addressing boats by long and lat and telling them to move.

I am unsure who thought that running a huge exercise in June in one of Europes main boating destinations was a good idea!

jointventureII

Visit site
A boat is on fire in Loano marina at the moment, right under the captaineria. They're trying to put it out but there's 40+ knots gusting through

Attachments

• IMG-20201002-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20201002-WA0003.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 44

Bouba

Visit site
A boat is on fire in Loano marina at the moment, right under the captaineria. They're trying to put it out but there's 40+ knots gusting through
That is terrible situation ! It looks like it’s a big boat, 70 ft or so. I suppose the strong wind will prevent them towing out the neighbouring boats, I suspect that they will also be written off.
Do you know if anyone was/is aboard ?

Portofino

Visit site
It’s a CRN 100 ftr early 2002 “ Lady Vanilla “ it looked unkept btw , it’s teak was lost on the bathing platform, and it looked often unattended this year .Recently was up for €1.6 asking
Engine room fire it’s extinguisher(s) look like they failed , see pics below of smoke bellowing out of the ER lateral sides .
Staff regularly carry out fire drills and the professionals would have got there within minutes.
Nearby boats moved and ok ,maybe a bit of smoke smell but thats all .

I was there yesterday, putting mine away , to bed for the winter , we are up wind btw .

More here .

Rogo su una imbarcazione alla Marina di Loano (FOTO e VIDEO)

Wonder when the time will come the marina office wants sight of extinguisher paperwork, service , date , etc ??

BartW

www.amptec.be
We will he investigating the coast to the west of st tropez next season, any tips welcome !

we know this area quite well (one winter in Corbieres near marseille, one winter in Cassis, 2 seasons in Toulon)
but that was all many years ago,

from east to west
les porquerolles are a nice region for extended exploration
Hyeres is nothing special, but nice and clean for a one night stay close to the airport
Toulon, is impressive marina, and interesting big old town, but dirty and many north African habitants !!
the place is very good for provisions
Sanary sur mere is in our top 5 of nice places !!!
La Ciotat is ok
Cassis is one of our all times favourites (similar to St tropez)
les callenques are very nice
reserve time for exploring the islands between Marseille and Cassis
Marseille is impressive for a visit

don't hesitate to asc for detailed advice

Bouba

Visit site
It’s a CRN 100 ftr early 2002 “ Lady Vanilla “ it looked unkept btw , it’s teak was lost on the bathing platform, and it looked often unattended this year .Recently was up for €1.6 asking
Engine room fire it’s extinguisher(s) look like they failed , see pics below of smoke bellowing out of the ER lateral sides .
Staff regularly carry out fire drills and the professionals would have got there within minutes.
Nearby boats moved and ok ,maybe a bit of smoke smell but thats all .

I was there yesterday, putting mine away , to bed for the winter , we are up wind btw .

More here .

Rogo su una imbarcazione alla Marina di Loano (FOTO e VIDEO)

Wonder when the time will come the marina office wants sight of extinguisher paperwork, service , date , etc ??
That was an amazing link. The video of the fire consuming the fiberglass is quite frightening

kashurst

Visit site
Does anyone know what the covid rules are for going out in your boat in Spain at the moment?
I know we can leave our own marina, but can we visit other places?