THOSE OF US WITH BOATS IN THE MED

John100156

Visit site
Yes I saw and ran that video on SCMCHAT, I liked the simple and informative style.

We've booked to leave via Brittany Portsmouth - Bilbao departing late on 5th to arrive morning of 7th, July we took a chance in the hope we can get out there - we shall see.....!

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Hi Graham

Yes we're all well thanks, just eager to get out to SC and the boat! We liked Denia, nice marina and fun watching the ferries popping in and out, we spent about a week there when we last visited and popped over to Ibiza just for the day. Moraira is not that far away too as I recall.

We will probably just take a short run down to Las Fuentes (~26nm from SC) to clear the cobwebs when we eventually get out, C-19 permitting....
John, Moraira is lovely and as you say not far from Denia. If you find yourself that far south again it's worth exploring the area a little bit beyond Moraira, i.e. to Calpe bay, Altea bay (where we are) and around the headland to Benidorm bay. There's some lovely marinas / anchorages and the coastline is far more attractive than the north of Denia. Would be lovely to meet up too if our dates coincide (I owe you a few beers).

DAW

Visit site
There was an announcement on Riviera Radio this morning saying that EU leaders have agreed to reopen internal borders for tourism with effect from 1 July. It also said that France and Spain intended to maintain a 14 day quarantine for UK citizens as a reciprocal measure for the steps being taken in the UK affecting their citizens.

mcanderson

Visit site
DAW, we heard/saw that and it sent us into a bit of a panic as we are planning for the 15th! Riviera Radio have gone off half cocked and misreported that the EU have agreed to delay the reopening of external borders from 15 June to 1 July and that the previously agreed position of reopening internal borders is being maintained.

Here is a link - EU External Borders to Remain Closed at Least Until the End of June

Riviera radio is becoming harder and harder to listen too with Rob's rantings in the morning. Thank god for Sarah and the voice of reason!

Portofino

Visit site
Shows France have just agreed “ non essential travel “ .....ie opening up the borders to sync with the grand opening on the 15 th .
Thats the salient point for those currently stuck in the U.K. .with a boat in Fr or in my case IT and homes in Ch + Fr .
Up to now they have been silent joining in the grand opening on the 15 th thing ....others have pinned there colours to mast a few weeks ago eg D , I, B , CH etc

Getting out of the U.K. by road necessitates Fr joining the “15 June “ club .

Not interested in Austria , Cyprus or Lithuania or any other spats between states .....it’s the Fr move that’s the important bit .

Last edited:

Hooligan

Visit site
I just booked my flights to Italy for August 1. Frankly this whole quarantine thing is Boris induces and moronic - no surprises there. Sadly and predictably some countries have reciprocated making them join the children’s club too. I suspect that the pressure to get the British pound into markets like Spain will won the argument as it should and I also suspect that our PM is now entirely focussed on how he explains mass unemployment to his electorate which is what will happen if he does not open up the hospitality market and all connected to it. Judging by the share price of IAG I suspect that the stock market is pricing in an end to ludicrous quarantine rules that are unenforceable and penalise only ourselves. Keep the faith ?

julians

Visit site
I'm currently booked to fly to majorca on 10th July, hoping it will be on, but who knows.

I see that jet 2 have just pushed back their resumption of flying date from July 1st to July 15th - not just for Spain, but their whole operation.

John100156

Visit site
John, Moraira is lovely and as you say not far from Denia. If you find yourself that far south again it's worth exploring the area a little bit beyond Moraira, i.e. to Calpe bay, Altea bay (where we are) and around the headland to Benidorm bay. There's some lovely marinas / anchorages and the coastline is far more attractive than the north of Denia. Would be lovely to meet up too if our dates coincide (I owe you a few beers).

No problem Pete - if we get down that way we can see if we can align, we had planned to spend June over in Mallorca before C-19, lets hope we can get out soon....! Still manic at work with everyone accelerating their lab designs, could do with a decent break!

Peterlewis321

Visit site
Anyone hearing any news or rumours about Spain allowing us Brits back in post July 1st? With/without quarantine? We’ve got Portsmouth-Santander booked for the 14th July and keeping everything crossed we will be allowed in!!!! The suspense is killing me ?

Peterlewis321

Visit site
Hi John, Hope all OK. I love Denia, we had a house near there for years, sold about 4 years ago.
We keep our boat in Marina de Denia since buying her in early 2017. We really love it there and plenty of good spots to go to and anchorsouth of Denia as well as ofcourse over to the islands? Moraira is a favourite