This weekends weather forecast

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
GENERAL: On Thursday a depression will move into the North Sea, becoming slow moving on Friday and Saturday, then moving slowly N into the Norwegian Sea during Sunday. A depression SW of Ireland on Thursday will drift slowly S during Friday and Saturday.

FRIDAY: For waters around England and Wales - Winds will be fresh or strong SE near Cornwall, otherwise mainly light, but moderate NW in the east, backing SW during the day. Rain or showers in the east and also later in the SW. Elsewhere, dry and bright. Visibility good, but moderate in rain or showers.
For waters around Northern Ireland and Scotland - Winds will be mainly light or moderate N or NE, veering E or SE around Orkney and Shetland. Rain or showers in the N and E. Visibility good, but moderate in rain or showers.

SATURDAY: For waters around England and Wales - Winds will be light or moderate, mainly S or SE veering SW, then becoming light and variable later. Rain or showers at first in the E, and also in the SW, pushing NE during the day. Visibility good, becoming moderate in rain or showers.
For waters around Northern Ireland and Scotland - Winds will be cyclonic in the east, moderate or fresh at times. In the W, mainly light N or NE. Weather: Rain at times in the E. Visibility good, becoming moderate in rain.

SUNDAY: Fresh NW winds over Orkney and Shetland at first, otherwise winds mainly light or moderate. Rain or showers at first in the far NE and in the S, moving N during the day. Visibility good, becoming moderate in rain or showers.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

Moose

Visit site
I take it you get the Weekend Weather summary sent to you then, Because I just recieved the same forecast.

<hr width=100% size=1>
moosewalk.gif

Moose

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Yes, I get the same care of the kind guidance of BrendanS, thought it would help others so posted it on, it seemed quite accurate last weekend.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

Steve_Bentley

Visit site
This is all very well but aren't you supposed to flap your arms when presenting the weather?

Brings me neatly on to two serious questions: firstly why are all bbc weather girls virtually flat-chested (if they can't tell us anything with any certainty they could at least look nice), and secondly why do they spend so much time talking about the weather over the highlands and islands (they do get the most interesting weather, but then it's no surprise if today's forcast says it's cold and wet) in preference to say London/SE when hardly anyone lives there by comparison.

Big breasted, knowledgable (ie admit if they're guessing) blondes talking about the places where people live- is that too much to ask?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
You are right, perhaps PaulineB should take over this little task /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I bet she looks like a weather girl /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

claymore

Visit site
Its to do with getting more cold fronts than warm ones
The Highlands and Islands bit makes sense as there is generally more weather there

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Ahhh! Does nobody play with you at home? Sorry to hear that, but I am sure we will have fun if we meet up over Easter /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Or!! does that mean you are always playing away from home? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

Confused

Visit site
suffice to say it will be windy & if you will get bashed around, but the bit trolling down the Hamble will be pleasant

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bettsy-lou.cjb.net>http://www.bettsy-lou.cjb.net</A>

duncan

Visit site
just means that the play is proactive but the rest (home and work) reactive - If I have to drive to Birmingham, fly to Edinburgh or train to London I will just look out the window before dressing and handle what's thrown out of the sky!
At the weekend however I can plan; and because of the variable nature of our climate (in our case 'weather'), I can have the enjoyment of planning a trip to Cherbourg Monday-Tuesday, settle for Yarmouth Wednesday, consider Christchurch Thursday and accept Wareham Quay by Friday!

<hr width=100% size=1>