Csail

N/A
Visit site
davellis
regular

Reged: 17/02/2004
Loc: Moray Firth. Daft engine question
#1692790 - 29/12/2007 09:24 Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

OK, I know I should know. I have a Yanmar 1GM10 only aquired this year. Suddenly I noticed puffs of what looked like exhaust and sometimes water squirting over the port side. I found a port in the hull near the fuel tank vent. It only puffs and or squirts on start up. I can't find any pipes inside as it's all a bit crowded. Any clues? Obviously I aint an engineer.

--------------------
There go my people. I must find out where they are going so I can lead them.

Post Extras:

MM5AHO
regular

Reged: 01/10/2007
Loc: Central Scotland Re: Daft engine question [Re: davellis]
#1692796 - 29/12/2007 09:34 Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Inside an engine there are tiny elves. They all sit on bicycles and pedal like mad when you engange the drive.

But on startup, you have just wakened them from their sleep, and they need breakfast. The smoke you see is from their stove chimney while they stoke up the oil burning stove to make the tea. Then, after a quick slew of tea, they do their dishes and clean up. Thats the water you see going out the side when they pull the plug out of their sink. After having a decent start to the day they are all ready to do you bidding, and will provide you with all the propulsion you need, pedalling as fast as you ask via that message sending indicator some people call a throttle.
Did you know its called a throttle because when you adjust it a notice comes up in the pedalling room for the elves on duty pedalling that says "go faster or I'll throttle you", or "go slower or I'll throttle you"?

graham

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Inside an engine there are tiny elves. They all sit on bicycles and pedal like mad

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought everyone knew that /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif