Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes

• what a load of cr@p

• Total voters

B175Chris

Visit site
Just checked the latest hour and seems they havent moved at all, although apparently speed is 1 knot...

Havent anchored for a swift pint already have they? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tome

www.google.co.uk
They've gone out to anchor so that they can finish cleaning the hull and other preps. Best routing for now is head towards Bermuda as the light NE'ly winds will veer as they get closer and they need to escape the high pressure sausage whih is currently straddling the entire Atlantic from Bermuda to Azores

They should be under way shortly

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Was just looking at the wind and wondering if they'd head north.... I guess they'll gybe over southwards once a good way up towards Bermuda when the wind has more Northerly in it? or are you intending to route them right up to Bermuda into the Westerly stream?

Bergman

Visit site
Yes me too

I show them a few yards of the end of the breakwater.

And worryingly some 200m above the ground

Have they run badly aground? anchored to address the duty free?

Or is my machine not working

Puzzled

zefender

Visit site
Think they'll be wanting to go north enough to catch some south or west.
After a morning of underwater hull scrubbing, I bet those on night watch will be a bit bleary. 'Es a bit of a Capn Blighe that TCM!

Lakesailor

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
How far technology has come on in such a short period of time....

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes in New York Matt managed to display on the web cam.

In St Tropez he arrived when the web cam was bust.

In the Sunset Beach Bar he has managed to actually bust the web cam himself. Worked the first afternoon, bust yesterday when he visited again.

Errrm. How much technology is there on Mojomo?

Best of luck to them. It says 1 knot on Google Earth but that could be swinging at anchor. I seem to remember they were only paid up 'til Friday in the Marina.

zefender

Visit site
Re: Underway

mojomo2.jpg

Jeannius

Visit site
well I can't find anyway of turning on a track.

I can setup a mechanism that'll provide the track as well as latest position on Google Earth if anyone is interested?

Someone will need to send regular emails containing the position (I'd do it myself but I'm in Antigua next week) If there is a volunteer then I set up the mechanism and publish details before I go.

email will look something like this

SUB Leg1 270407 1500
Positions
901 18.04N 63.06W

With the bits in italics being the stuff that changes with each report. It needs to be sent to positions@worldcruising.net, the rest will happen automatically.

I'll start doing it now, but as I said, someone else will have to email the reports starting sunday night

Jeannius

Visit site
Displaying the track on Google Earth

OK, I've now setup the google earth files that will display the full track of Mojomo rather than just the latest position. Go here http://217.10.131.138/google/mojomo.aspx to get the link loaded into google earth.

As I said in an earlier post, this does rely on someone - me at the moment, volunteer needed for next week - sending an email to update the position