The Nichts

Neeves

Visit site
At last, I can’t blooming sleep with light coming in the windows at 4am. It would be alright if the temperatures weren’t mid October.
I believe devices called 'curtains' or 'shutters', the house we were brought up in in Scotland had both, were designed to keep out the light and cut down the impact of draft. My recollections are they were not totally successful.

You could research and find the modern equivalents, which surely will be more effective.

Jonathan

boomerangben

Visit site
I believe devices called 'curtains' or 'shutters', the house we were brought up in in Scotland had both, were designed to keep out the light and cut down the impact of draft. My recollections are they were not totally successful.

You could research and find the modern equivalents, which surely will be more effective.

Jonathan
At home it is fine - we have exactly that. But I work away and so it’s not my window to install blinds etc on. As Poingard says a sleep mask is very effective

mjcoon

www.mjcoon.plus.com
At home it is fine - we have exactly that. But I work away and so it’s not my window to install blinds etc on. As Poingard says a sleep mask is very effective
I expect you could still use my solution of one or more of those metalised foil "rescue blankets" and a little sticky tape. It reflects the strong sunshine away, avoiding overheating, too...

Minerva

Visit site
being the owner of a toddler, I can advise you that you can buy travel black out blinds that sucker onto windows. Useful things!

ylop

Visit site
The problem with blackout curtains is what do you do when you want to sleep with the windows open, as my wife and I invariably do.
You can have the window open and curtain closed! If its windy you may need to improvise something to stop the curtain blowing around too much.