??The Honesty Thread?? Dual Residency, Tax Treaties, Driving Licenses, Boat Taxes, Health Cover & Other Implications Of Life In 2021 & Beyond

Alicatt

Visit site
Looks like the BiE (British in Europe) pressure group have managed to get the FOM to be brought up in the EU Parliament, they have been lobbying for it for a good while to allow people with residency card to have the right of freedom of movement, there is also a court case on going about the actual status of being a "European Citizen" and the removal of that status for those of us (British) still living in the EU.
EUResidency.jpg

From here, item 31: https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/inf...MVqGlyiP3tgZ8-PiZOfl-DcKMRyKxhskjPx60ClF80j2Y

nortada

Visit site
Oh ok then, I was only helping by showing a ''General'' and rich vein of advice and info, however maybe I shouldn't...

In the current situation any information is very welcome so many thanks.

With all of the noise about Covid19, Brexit seems to have gone rather quiet which hopefully is a good sign.

cherod

Visit site
not so sure about that , so many unknowns it is hard to say what is going to be the biggest prob for cruisers / travelers nxt yr

nortada

Visit site
not so sure about that , so many unknowns it is hard to say what is going to be the biggest prob for cruisers / travelers nxt yr

Agree but I understand that loads of common ground has been agreed but until the final (trade) deal is agreed nothing will be announced.

Understandably, I think we have all been fixating on the worst case so hopefully could be pleasantly surprised when all is revealed.

I also anticipate the initial agreement will be very much a first cut, subject to significant amendment as reality strikes home.

Finally, I anticipate there will be a lot of bilateral agreements, whereby countries resolve issues/problems of mutual concern.

ps Or where Portugal is concerned, they will ignore the bits they don’t like and make up rules as they go along.

beermonkey

Visit site
Looks like the BiE (British in Europe) pressure group have managed to get the FOM to be brought up in the EU Parliament, they have been lobbying for it for a good while to allow people with residency card to have the right of freedom of movement, there is also a court case on going about the actual status of being a "European Citizen" and the removal of that status for those of us (British) still living in the EU.
View attachment 101844

From here, item 31: https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/inf...MVqGlyiP3tgZ8-PiZOfl-DcKMRyKxhskjPx60ClF80j2Y
As a participant in the case of the definition of an EU Citizen, I can say that the official response to argument thus far has been that the EU does not have 'citizens'. It has Member States. The citizens of the Member States are loosely referred to as EU Citizens. Much discussion/argument (that's legal discussion FYI) continues, especially in light of the Good Friday Agreement, which, in and of itself, is a considerable spanner in the works.

Cariadco

Visit site
easy tiger - there are many of us who don't (yet) use facebook - so any sharing of the words of wisdom from it here would be very helpful.

The particular Forum I mention is chocha=block with views, questions and more importantly, answers, regarding and amongst many other important subjects, Residency processes, but all for Greece and Not Portugal. I posted it, aiming for members who would be seeking information, pertinent to their residency status in Greece. Living in Corfu, I've found the stuff in this FB Group to be priceless.

nortada

Visit site
The particular Forum I mention is chocha=block with views, questions and more importantly, answers, regarding and amongst many other important subjects, Residency processes, but all for Greece and Not Portugal. I posted it, aiming for members who would be seeking information, pertinent to their residency status in Greece. Living in Corfu, I've found the stuff in this FB Group to be priceless.

From what I am reading, life in general for the average Brit in Greece appears far more complicated than in Portugal and this includes residency.

By and large, I think we have a fairly clear view of how things are supposed to work here, with the emphasis on ‘supposed’.

beermonkey

Visit site
Thanks - I really appreciate the insight, I've asked the question on a separate thread abot the value of FB (and social media in general), as I'm personally hesitant to sign up - it does seem that the benefits can outweigh the 'issues' if one is careful enough about personal info etc.

Alicatt

Visit site
Thanks - I really appreciate the insight, I've asked the question on a separate thread abot the value of FB (and social media in general), as I'm personally hesitant to sign up - it does seem that the benefits can outweigh the 'issues' if one is careful enough about personal info etc.
There are various FB groups dedicated to getting info out without the B-S, British in Europe is one of them ( Facebook Groups ) There are others dedicated to each country too for me it's Brexit and the Belgian Brits (BABBS) ( Facebook Groups )

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site

Nothing wrong with Facebook, the problem is the idiots who blindly submit what should be private details and then complain when published. Like any other media, don't believe what you read unless confirmed elsewhere and don't write anything which you may regret afterwards.