The forum has been a little quiet so I hope this is fun.

tillergirl

Visit site
Trying to find some things to keep me in the warm I have been playing with software.

Profile 2023 for web site by Roger Gaspar, on Flickr

Here is a 3D image of the 2023 data of the SW Sunk swatchway. If you go to: Downloads you can download the 3D pdf file. The pdf file has 'multimedia' so you should be able to zoom in and out and move the profile from different view points. You might need the latest version of the Adobe Reader (the free one) or a late version of Adobe Acrobat. When you download the pdf the multimedia file needs to be 'Enabled' and then click on the page to display it (well taht's how it works for me!). Rotating the mouse wheel provides zoom, click left button and hold to move it about.

If you have a 'plan' view (vertical straight down) you can see where the 'new' wreck is located. If you follow the 4m contour there is a kink or sort of bay. That is where the wreck is located (I haven't worked how to geo-reference a wreck icon into the pdf yet). Comparing the profiles over the years are quite interesting - well better than gardening today! (The image above is directly from the software; the version process to pdf does alter the colour a little and does lose a little definition)

Have a play. 🧑‍🎄

Plum

Visit site
Trying to find some things to keep me in the warm I have been playing with software.

Here is a 3D image of the 2023 data of the SW Sunk swatchway. If you go to: Downloads you can download the 3D pdf file. The pdf file has 'multimedia' so you should be able to zoom in and out and move the profile from different view points. You might need the latest version of the Adobe Reader (the free one) or a late version of Adobe Acrobat. When you download the pdf the multimedia file needs to be 'Enabled' and then click on the page to display it (well taht's how it works for me!). Rotating the mouse wheel provides zoom, click left button and hold to move it about.

If you have a 'plan' view (vertical straight down) you can see where the 'new' wreck is located. If you follow the 4m contour there is a kink or sort of bay. That is where the wreck is located (I haven't worked how to geo-reference a wreck icon into the pdf yet). Comparing the profiles over the years are quite interesting - well better than gardening today! (The image above is directly from the software; the version process to pdf does alter the colour a little and does lose a little definition)

Have a play. 🧑‍🎄
Just what we all need on a cold foggy day but your profile pdf does not work on my android tablet. The pdf opens but only displays a white page. I wiil have to wait until I am at home on a PC

DanTribe

Visit site

Have a play. 🧑‍🎄
Not much fun for me, I'm fairly sure that shows the exact spot where I hit in Sept 2022.
Complacency ruled that day!

tillergirl

Visit site
I best not provide my opinions about tablets! Cut down software!! The pdf will open as a white page but should have an options menu if it has the software.

Dan, t'was bad luck. PM me an email address and I will send you a PowerPoint file.

Habebty

Visit site
There is a certain fascination regarding 3D bathymetry(might be just me though 😁) , as it seems to bring to life the mystery of what lies beneath. Also a much easier way to comprehend what may ruin your day, so thanks for your efforts.

tillergirl

Visit site
At the risk of being accused of being an anorak (guilty), the bathymetry is, indeed, fascinating. Note the underwater ridge on the Middle Sunk side (the left side). That tails down from the 'new' wreck. I think (and hope) if you look at the swatch from the other side deep down there is a natural venturi where the flood tide will accelerate through. When Colin kindly took me down there a few years back he had to almost drop down to tick over to keep the speed down when going that way. Compared against 2019, the swatch is much wider because the Middle Sunk knoll has shed a lot of sand on that side.

Have a thought for two chaps who were planning to go from Brighton to the Crouch non-stop starting around 5am. And last night their Eber started playing up so it will be chilly.