Thames Update

bradtarga34

Visit site
Just received this update on river conditions, looking as though things slowly getting back to normal.

NAVIGATION AUTHORITY

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MASTERS OF VESSELS

Updated 3 August 2007

River Thames stream conditions

· Red Strong Stream warning boards are starting to be withdrawn at a number of River Thames locks.

· Water levels are continuing to drop and we expect further Red Strong Stream warning boards to be withdrawn over the next few days.

· Where Red Strong Stream warning boards continue to be displayed, our strong advice remains to stay safe and not navigate. Leave boats moored up where they are – the river is dangerous to navigate in these conditions.

· Masters of powered craft should ensure that their entire route is clear of Red Strong Stream warning boards before leaving a safe mooring by calling one of the numbers below.

· Masters should be aware that the stream will be faster than normal even when Yellow Stream warning boards are displayed and unpowered craft are still advised not to navigate in these conditions.

· Masters of all vessels should be aware of the presence of floating and submerged debris, which could damage vessels and possibly even stop the engine(s).

For further information: -

· For up-to-date recorded information about current river conditions and details of Red Strong Stream and Yellow Stream warning board status, please telephone our FloodLine on 0845 988 1188 and press 1 when prompted, followed by 011131.

· If you would like to talk to somebody about conditions and availability of our locks, lay-bys and facilities at specific locations, please telephone one of our local Waterway Offices: -

Upper Thames (Cricklade Bridge to tail of Cleeve Lock) - 01491 828459
Middle Thames (tail of Cleeve Lock to tail of Bray Lock) - 0118 9535533
Lower Thames (tail of Bray Lock to Teddington Boundary ) - 01276 454900
IN AN EMERGENCY INVOLVING IMMINENT RISK TO SAFETY CALL 999

E. McKEEVER
Harbourmaster

byron

RIP
Visit site
So Eileen Mac is now "Harbourmaster" 4 gold rings gained on a qualification probably from the Inst. of Leisure & Amenity Management or somesuch.
Wonderful world innit. Maybe this is the future. H.M Coastguard to be run by Restauranteurs, Royal Navy Admirals with a Publicans Licence, Merchant Navy Masters who trained in greasy spoons cafes, Port Harbourmasters with experience of fish & chip shops.

angelaquayle

Visit site
She's always been 'harbourmaster' since taking on the waterway manager role - it comes with the job, I think it's a legal thing so whilst it sounds a bit old fashioned, the notices have to come from the HM.

I put this on another post but current situation is: yellow boards at Boulter’s, Bray, Boveney, Romney, Old Windsor, Bell Weir, Molesey and Teddington.

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I rest my case, slagging off the EA one min and kissing ass the next. What a hypocrite

[/ QUOTE ]

You will never find a post from me kissing EA Bums. Not while they are wasting my money by the thousands.
OK Beryl my little Troll, I know you ain't a sowf-stoker I guess I have to wait until someone works out who you really are /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DWT

Visit site
Angela

I think we are all going a bit stir crazy judging by some of the recent posts. Keep up the great work taking time to keep us updated so we can all get back to our boats and give the forum a rest for a while.

Beryl, I admit to being a hypocritical, chauvinist, sexist, kiss ass, jumped up, middle aged, balding so and so. Anything else I may have missed I don't really care about.