Tender

gordmac

Visit site
With a bit of platform each side of the outboards could you use extended snap davits to move the tender clear of the outboards?

Simon 420

Visit site
Just spent a fortnight in Dartmouth and used our old Avon Redcrest regularly. Realised that it's drawback is the shape of the floor so will be looking for an upgrade to 2.7m airdeck model this winter. We have epropulsion and no davits so its a case of launching and recovering the dinghy from the foredeck of our Princess 420 when we don't moor it to the stern. That is doable but I wouldn't want to launch or recover it with the motor attached but fitting the motor in 2 parts is a doddle.

And the best thing is the RNLI lifejacket lockers at the Quay - Just the right size to store the battery plus 2 lifejackets when we're off the tender. Surprising thing is how few other people actually wear lifejackets when using their tenders

Martxer

Visit site
Just spent a fortnight in Dartmouth and used our old Avon Redcrest regularly. Realised that it's drawback is the shape of the floor so will be looking for an upgrade to 2.7m airdeck model this winter. We have epropulsion and no davits so its a case of launching and recovering the dinghy from the foredeck of our Princess 420 when we don't moor it to the stern. That is doable but I wouldn't want to launch or recover it with the motor attached but fitting the motor in 2 parts is a doddle.

And the best thing is the RNLI lifejacket lockers at the Quay - Just the right size to store the battery plus 2 lifejackets when we're off the tender. Surprising thing is how few other people actually wear lifejackets when using their tenders
I decided to take the plunge and get one after walking to our berth and passing boats with tenders stored on the roof rails.
After the advise given on here I went for the 3d twin v230 with an e propulsion motor. We should be able to manage wrestling it 16.6 kilos on the roof.

I have not used it yet but will be later today. Useful to know about the battery pack storing in the life jacket lockers saves lugging it round in a back pack.

Bouba

Visit site
I decided to take the plunge and get one after walking to our berth and passing boats with tenders stored on the roof rails.
After the advise given on here I went for the 3d twin v230 with an e propulsion motor. We should be able to manage wrestling it 16.6 kilos on the roof.

I have not used it yet but will be later today. Useful to know about the battery pack storing in the life jacket lockers saves lugging it round in a back pack.
I have a smaller 3D...and you don’t just launch them off the coach roof...you can throw them a long way for a good splashdown 😜