Temporarily filling fixing holes

penberth3

Visit site
Hi

We've just bought, and are doing up, a Copland Fox Terrier 22. We've removed all the deck fittings for restoration and just want a quick and easy way to fill the holes over the winter to keep water out. I was thinking just a bit of DIY decorator's caulk? I reckon it'll keep the water out but also just poke out easily when we want to re-fit cleats etc.

Any other ideas?

Just to clarify, are these blind holes or through holes, or both?

WoodyP

Visit site
No need to go to the expense of building a tent. Just sheet it down with polyprop tarpaulins. It will keep the weather out and quick and easy to remove when you have time and the right conditions to do a bit of work.

zoidberg

Visit site
For the task of filling old fittings' holes, I've simply squirted some CT1 in using the provided tapered nozzle. That's intended to be a temporary fix, for a few months.

For a boat covering, I built a framework from MDPE pipe ( arched over between stanchions ) and builders' uPVC 100mm pipe ( as ridge ), using multiple reusable cable ties. Ordinary polythene sheeting works, but only for a while then splits. I 'upgraded' to green polythene tarpaulins ( eBay, Amazon ) which have proved satisfactory over several winters.
White translucent mesh-reinforced poly sheeting would be better still.