Telephoning the RYA

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
1. The obs inform the decision about those medications, whether to proceed with an operation etc. You don’t want a distracted overworked nurse putting the bed next door’s BP on your chart…
2. By making it routine so it is asked EVERY time it becomes second nature to check, and also more likely for others to spot/call out when it’s not being done.
I didn't mean it was a bad thing! But it can become a running joke between nurses and patients; I sometimes answer before they ask the question!

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
My daughter spent a few months on a call service. She said it never helped anyone to be aggressive - they had ways of making things awkward. Best to be nice, she said, and the call staff will try to do their best for you.
I'm sure most do try but on the occasion I had in mind they had promised and failed to call me back three times and nothing had happened for a week I called them and told them politely how disappointed and irritated I was. Some people might call that aggressive, but things then suddenly started moving.

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
One of the best things shown on TV was a series call "Undercover Boss". Most were honest enough to admit they often had no idea what happens on the front line. When I was involved with counciling, it was always the last line of management on the ground that had anxiety and depression problems. The rest just handed the problems down. The front facing infantry footsoldiers facing the public were next.

Last edited:

dgadee

Visit site
Not being called back is a system error, not the individual staff member. No point in getting annoyed with probably a different person.