T31 Sailing Details

ticklius

Visit site
Hi all,

I've just bought a Guy Thompson T31 bermudan sloop, and was wondering if anyone had any more details about them and/or drawings of the boat.

The plan at the moment is to do some blue water passages on her, so I'd be really interested to know people's experiences with the design. Ideally any plans or drawings of the boat would be much appreciated.

vivace

Visit site
Hi

Just found your post

I've owned Vivacious, a 1969 long cabin t31 for 3 years. Wouldn't part with her.

I have a pdf of original brochure drwaings with dimensions but too large to attach. If you want, then give me an email address.

They sail very well - pick up speed quickly and point well. I've seen close to 9 knots reaching in a 6 gusting 7 with 2 reefs in. Scary when the cabin lights are under water.

Happy sailing

penfold

Visit site
What colour is Vivacious? I have seen a couple of T31s on the Clyde, sometimes sailing in company. I think it's in the Holy Loch I've seen them, which probably means at the Polaris Regatta.

RabT

Visit site
anyone could share specs for T31

a T31 has come up for sale and I am thinking about it... Anyone has any tips/feedback?

Would this be an appropriate choice for a first time boat?
I was looking at Sabres 27 and Vegas 27 but a T31 for the same money or less (needs a bit TLC) seems a lot of boat and could do me for many many years.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Vivace: I somehow PM you asking for any documentation. It was a bit rude of me doing so directly without referring to this thread or asking first. Apologies for that...keeness of the novice. :eek:

chrisjpotter

Visit site
I used to have a pint with Guy Thompson most evenings in the White Harte at Burnham, he was a great character, occasionally we would be joined by Rob Humphreys who was a great fan of Guy's