T24

G

Information on T24 sailing cruiser. History and owners comments Thanks

G

If you asked your question in a more civalised way you would be more likely to get some responses

G

Ignore the ever so rude paul rossall, he probably didn't get his leg over last night. All i can tell you is that the boat was designed by Guy Thompson as was a similar if larger T31. Hope that gets you a start. On the other hand maybe he did get his leg over and thats why he's so tetchy to-day!

G

Very roomy ,seaworthy and reasonable turn of speed for a cruising boat.Some where amature fitted out so quality varies.

G

You do not know what you are talking about. The T24 designed by Guy Thompson is definately not very roomy. It is an excellent sea boat and I cannot think of any other 24 foot boat which will perfom as well in very bad weather. I have sailed one extensively on the East Coast and took the boat over to Calais and into the french canals. It is now in Spain. There were two versions, one with a lead keel and taller rig which is the best version and one with less draft and a slightly smaller rig. The grp was very strong and is very unlikely to suffer from any problem but all but the last few had plywood decks etc and might need some repair work. They are a brilliant sailing boat with the performance,Stability, ability to go upwind,, manage in difficult sea conditions etc second to non.

G

The T24 was not a smaller version of the 31. The 24 came first and was produced in larger numbers. The 31 is a much more modern design. Look on Nationwideboatsales.co.uk for photos of each model as they have two for sale. Please keep you comments to constructive boat matters rather than emptying your dirty little mind.

G

Paul,if you compare the T24 with other small cruisers of its era then it is a roomy boat.It is unreasonable to compare a 30 odd year old design with modern huge volume boats.In a blow I know which boat I would want to be on.

G

Iam new to this forum . When I posted my Question ,I did not expect to meet anyone as rude or as arrogant as you on it. Try taking some lessons in courtesy.

G

All very interesting, but if you are thinking of buying one I know where ther is one going cheap cheap cheap or is that cheep? Interested (it's not mine by the way I just looked over her)

Other threads that may be of interest