Surveyor recommend (again)

Becky

Visit site
What has taken your interest/fancy?

Suggestion; if you can accompany the surveyor it could be in your interest.

When we bought CM the report was a modified standard report with some bits that just didn't fit with our purchse. He hadn't checked it through although his account was detailed enough.

Still, like house surveyors, I always expect to make a profit from a survey /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, are you back in the uk?

MoodySabre

Visit site
Unreservedly James Green of Sound Marine Services based in Plymouth 01752660516 or 07831435682. Not the cheapest but very thorough and very helpful (he even drove to Taunton to look at the sails as time was short and the vendor unhelpful - no extra charge). There was abit missing off the rope cutter which he obtained (at my expense) and went and fitted it. A 26 page report. His attitude is that he is going over it as though he was buying it for himself.

Talbot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What has taken your interest/fancy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now there is a leading question . . . . . . . . . .

The boat is actually primarily a place for my son to live and for us to sail together. Its only a half boat, but I like the look of it. I am still in Norway, and will be for at least another year - invitation to visit remains open!

My son has been making the running on this with long distance support from me. He visits and takes lots of photos, then we discuss at length what to do next.

The surveyor who is doing this one, actually surveyed the same boat a number of years ago. I would love to be there when he does it, and so whould my son, but he has a business to run, and its a wee bit far for me!!!

I might pop across for a quick delivery trip though!

Other threads that may be of interest