Surveyor in Alicante.

Contest1

Visit site
If all goes well with my initial inspection trip next week then I,ll need a surveyors report before completion of sale and for Insurance.
Would be helpful if they knew the set up re any purchase taxs or paperwork issues.
Any help welcome.

nickf

Visit site
I used Jason Sibley who is based in Mallorca when I bought boat in Denia. He charged for flight across etc but nothing excessive. May be worth contacting :jasonsibley.com. good luck.

Contest1

Visit site
Thanks Nickf.
I,v had a quote of approximately €600+VAT. for a fairly comprehensive pre purchase survey. Appears to include I hours travle each way.
Seems expensive but he is British registered.
Any thoughts?
Ps the boat I,m interested in is on the market for £7000. so perhaps I dont need such an indepth survey that the surveyor advises will take a full day!

Last edited:

JVL

Visit site
I used Jason Sibley who is based in Mallorca when I bought boat in Denia. He charged for flight across etc but nothing excessive. May be worth contacting :jasonsibley.com. good luck.

I first met Jason and Vanessa about twenty years ago in Bon aire Mallorca good guy would recommend highly

John

nickf

Visit site
Centaur1
Given the value of your prospective purchase it probably depends on how confident you are in your assessment of the condition of the boat and the integrity of the vendor. Also do you need a survey for insurance purposes- not all companies do. Most surveys will give you enough to seek a reduction to at least cover part of the cost of the survey depending on how much you have already squeezed the vendor. A survey will also give you a list of tasks to do in priority order. If you have doubts about condition of boat and can budget for the cost it may be worth it for peace of mind. I can recommend Jason for his thoroghness. Also it is not worth getting a less detailed survey as most of the costs are fixed. Good luck which ever way you decide. Nick

Last edited:

Contest1

Visit site
Jayson is unavailable for the foreseeable and the other guy has let me down.
Might just haul out and check the hull myself if non of the other surveyors I,v tried can make it/
The insurance confirms I don,t require a surveyors report, thanks Nickf for the tip.

Tranona

Visit site
Jayson is unavailable for the foreseeable and the other guy has let me down.
Might just haul out and check the hull myself if non of the other surveyors I,v tried can make it/
The insurance confirms I don,t require a surveyors report, thanks Nickf for the tip.

From your earlier post the boat you are buying seems to need a lot of work, so presumably you are going in with your eyes wide open and are confident you can fix it. Hardly worth paying a surveyor unless you hope he says it is a real dog and you should not buy it! But, guess you are past that point so better to spend the money on fixing it up rather than a report which tells you what you probably already know.

Contest1

Visit site
From your earlier post the boat you are buying seems to need a lot of work, so presumably you are going in with your eyes wide open and are confident you can fix it. Hardly worth paying a surveyor unless you hope he says it is a real dog and you should not buy it! But, guess you are past that point so better to spend the money on fixing it up rather than a report which tells you what you probably already know.

Sounds about were I,m at.