Support the Americans

Forbsie

Visit site
I note that we can now view the American titles in the 'Visit our magazines' option. The MotorBoating forum only has 4 posts since January. Do you think that we should lend a helping hand and liven it up a bit. [sneeky grin]

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/forbsie?&page=1>My Project</A>

tr7v8

Visit site
Yup just have, don't think they'll have the same humour level as we do though.
Now where did I put that gulf war joke.........

<hr width=100% size=1>Jim

Draco 2500

Heckler

Visit site
refuse to pay the BiraqBC fee

after having watched the BiraqBC Ragi Omar pump out Iraq propoganda from Bagdadi am refusing to watch the Biraq Broadcasting Corp again, we should join the campaign to abolish the licence fee and let market forces get rid of all those limp wristed fools who think they have the god given right to decide how the war should be performed.
s

<hr width=100% size=1>

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: refuse to pay the BiraqBC fee

OK, I admit defeat ?

I'm used to thread drift, but how did we get from 'livening up' the US Motorboat magazines forum, to the BBC licence fee, and restricted reporting from Baghdad?

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: well i agree anyway

the 24 hour coverage is idiotic. "we aren't allowed to tell you where they are, but we think they are in the suburbs of Basra" . oh right, so presumable if they really knew, they'd say?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Forbsie

Visit site
Re: Duhh, look at the subject

I actually posted this in the wrong forum, should have been Mobochat. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Being a Doobee Forumite, I haven't mirrored the post coz Kim doesn't like it.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/forbsie?&page=1>My Project</A>

kgi

Visit site

I am currently the otherside of the pond, and so i see BBC world and the US stations, if you think the beeb is bad you really need to see CNN, CBS Fox news etc, compared to these the beeb is a quantum leap in front, if you want to see pure drivel, bs, and misinformation, watch an US news channel, if you want relatively unbiased news watch the beeb............keith

<hr width=100% size=1>

kgi

Visit site

well, the US news is saying nothing about the "freindly fire" incident with the A10 and the scimitar tanks all they are saying is one british soldier was killed.......is this lopsided reporting or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........keith

<hr width=100% size=1>

Heckler

Visit site
typical of spin masters

when they cant use logic to defeat an argument they attempt to under mine it by name calling.

<hr width=100% size=1>

oldgit

Visit site
Re: typical of spin masters

Who exactly are "they"?..........Please tell.

<hr width=100% size=1>My little Princess/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

mikewilkes

Visit site

I totally agree about your comments of Chicken Noodle News --- complete and utter drivel. After 9/11 they managed to drag it out for weeks on end. Tragic it may have been but there were other things happening in the world that were completely ignored by them.

<hr width=100% size=1>

davidhand

Visit site

Yes I watch BBC and the other US news channels, and I too was mildly surprised to see no mention of the tank friendly fire incident on the US channels. Sonsy Lass mentioned market forces and the problem with that is that Fox, CNN etc. run what they think will give them the best ratings. BBC claims to be unbiased and by and large I think they do a reasonable job, however I don't believe it's possible to ever be truly unbiased, just the process of editing introduces a bias. I would rather deal with a news media that admits it's bias up front; everyone knows the political perspective of say the Daily Mirror, CNN, and Fox so you just keep that in mind when reading/watching. I see the Mirror has Peter Arnet now, do they still have Jane and Garth?

<hr width=100% size=1>