SUP issue.

Seastoke

Visit site
Ok one of our sup leaks at the valve , if you press it in fast and let it flick back it seals , problem then is you have let air out . Is there a lubricant or answer to my question.

CliveF

Visit site
If it is like a SIB valve then the body should be removable, is there a tool in the kit?

If so remove it and wash the valve out and dry well.
Make sure there is nothing sticking to the rubber flap or valve seat.
If you want to try for a better seal before testing add a very very thin smear of vaseline to the joint face of the rubber flap.

Ribtecer

Visit site
Tiny bit of clean washing up water dropped in there, and then inflate.

Water washes away the sand or whatever it was, Fairy Liquid makes for a nice seal.

Although if you can unscrew the valve and clean it up out of the SUP even better.

ashtead

Visit site
Have you thought of asking the retailer or is it so old they no long exist? Sounds like a wash in a swimming pool might also clean the valve out or a blast with an air hose/pressure hose if the valve hasn’t failed and it is a dirt /grit/sand issue. We just have decathlon versions and never encountered issue though.

QBhoy

Visit site
There will be sand or similar preventing a good seal, I’d suggest. You can get a valve key to remove the valve, then clean it out.
Mind how you go, when using these things….I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve pulled people and their inflatable boards out the water and into the boat…just either because they were too exhausted to get back on them…or the conditions resulted in not being able to make headway back to their starting point earlier in the day. By all accounts, the rnli and other inshore water services similar, have recorded huge increases in call outs to assist/rescue these things in particular.
Anyway. Best of luck getting the valve sorted out.

Seastoke

Visit site
Thanks for all replies , so update not I brought sup home to work on in my unit but forgot repair kit so down boat in couple of weeks update then.