Sunspot 15/17

aitchw

Visit site
I am considering buying a Sunspot bilge keeler for weekend pottering. The yard selling her has her listed as a Sunspot 17 but I can find references only to the 15. I understand that the 15 was a precursor of the Leisure 17. Can any of you knowledgeable seafaring folk tell me any more about these boats and if there are any model specific things to watch out for. Elderly she is, cheap she is but a brief inspection suggests she is in not bad order structurally.

Any help would be appreciated.

<hr width=100% size=1>

VicS

Visit site
There was Sunspot, Sunstar, Sunray and Sunflair. At 15ft., 18ft., 21ft, and 27ft.

All A.C. Howard designs as was the Leisure 17, hence the similarity.

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by VicS on 02/05/2003 15:28 (server time).</FONT></P>

neil_s

Visit site
I had a Sunray until recently, and very good she was, too. We have moved on to a bigger boat, now. The Sunray was tough and practical, with vast accommodation for a 21 footer. She also sailed quite well - not close winded, but very relaxing to steer and she kept up with quite a lot of bigger boats. She was also reassuringly stable. I recon A C Howard knew a thing or two about bilge keel hulls. Buy the Sunspot! I think you will have lots of fun with her, especially if she's cheap!

See you out there! Neil

<hr width=100% size=1>