Sunseeker on fire in Poole

GrahamD

Visit site
A large Sunseeker on the hard at their yard at Poole Quay is currently well alight. Looking at it from Parkstone the flames are 30-40 feet high. Not sure which boat it is but is must have been totally destroyed. Poole lifeboat are towing another Sunseeker to safety from the immediate proximity of the fire.

Firefly625

Visit site
there's not a lot of space between boats and buildings at Sunseeker yard..... I hope the fire remains to just 1 boat, however terrible that would be, far easier to recover from.... I guess once forumites in Poole wake up we may get some pictures? :(

sarabande

Visit site
I find it incredible that there are no fire suppression detection systems installed in these expensive boats while they are under build. It's not the first time by far that boatyards and fires are associated.

Sad for the owner, and the people who built her.

MapisM

Visit site
Blimey, a lightning strike during build? :eek:
Now, that's a bad omen, if I've ever seen one...

carlton

Visit site
One of the comments under that youtube video says...

Well there is one Millionaire that won't be getting his new boat any time soon then. My heart is breaking for him .... NOT
CMD1200FJ 1 hour ago

:confused::confused::confused:

Sometimes I despair of the human race...

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
the human race never ceases to amaze me either...... the abuse i have had from so called friends for buying a £15k boat just confirms it, those people who have no interest in a subject think those who have are just in the wrong

is there a major jealousy thing going on

To some extent, probably. I have found that even my MAB can raise such issues, but provided one doesn't openly boast, or appear to brag about boat ownership, most people show a genuine interest when they find out. I then tend to play down any expectations by talking about cleaning off the seagull poo or similar boaty concerns.

Lakesailor

Visit site
the human race never ceases to amaze me either...... the abuse i have had from so called friends for buying a £15k boat just confirms it, those people who have no interest in a subject think those who have are just in the wrong

I had a thread going about Thieving Scrotes who took someone's 4 man liferaft from his boat for a bit of a jolly last weekend.
I expressed the opinion that it was a jealousy thing and some forumites told me it was about lack of respect.
I think it's worse than lack of respect. It is about wishing ill to those they perceive to be better off than them.

MapisM

Visit site
It is about wishing ill to those they perceive to be better off than them.
Agreed. And unfortunately, these days perception matters more than reality.
I once made an offer for a MoBo whose first owner had enough time and money to circumnavigate twice, on a sailboat, with his wife and children.
He then decided that he wanted to build a MoBo strong enough to cruise the Antarctic (steel, self-righting, ice rated and so forth).
I guess his story was part of the reason why I liked the boat.
I never met him though, because the boat was by then in the hands of his third owner.
But someone who knew the whole story explained me that the boat went to the market after the first owner committed suicide.
Sometimes our perception of who is or isn't better off than ourself can be misleading.

dhayek

Visit site

so true.. its the same all around the world. im 37, when i bought my yacht few months ago, i found out a good friend of mine was telling **** about me, out of jealousy..:confused:

cem

www.solutions4feet.com
:eek:
so true.. its the same all around the world. im 37, when i bought my yacht few months ago, i found out a good friend of mine was telling **** about me, out of jealousy..:confused:

I am 40 this year and this is a first boat paid for partly out of 6 years hard work from when I started my business, I have barely take a salary in that time yet some people think differently

Hey ho it takes all sorts