Suez blocked.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
I am surprised that they have not used either compressed air to liquify and wash away the sand or even a water jet. The other thing they might do is to dig a big and deep hole in front of the bow but leave sufficient material to keep the canal out, when it's done just knock away the retaining wall allow the canal to flood in bringing with it most if not all the sand under the bow. Cheap and simple it may work it may not but I would have given it a go.

Frank Holden

Visit site
In the meantime just land them on the canal bank.....
Back to the dynamite idea... thats a bit extreme.

You could - however - surgicaly remove... with gas axes... the pointy bit just frd of the collision bulkhead.... all same Suevic... golly thats showing my age...

BurnitBlue

Visit site

You could - however - surgicaly remove... with gas axes... the pointy bit just frd of the collision bulkhead.... all same Suevic... golly thats showing my age...
Excellent idea. Regarding that sawn off bit of the bow. Can we tow it somewhere safe, then blow it up with dyanamite. Keep me in the loop, so to speak?

Bilgediver

Visit site
The Youth of Today have it easy; when I was a lad you were expected to do a voyage estimate in your head and write down the answer on the back of an envelope standing on the floor of the Baltic Exchange! I used to reckon to do half a dozen or so per fixture; I asked a Greek friend how many he did and he said “Oh, maybe thirty”. Petros owned two elderly tweendeckers when he said that; he is now a billionaire shipowner and I am not!?

Should have had a name ending OS and been brought up in The Exchange and Tiger Bay :)

doris

Visit site
At least it isn’t Titan Uranus that’s stuck in the canal.
Twitter seems to be cranking up some serious weirdos on this subject, unlike the very learned and sensible chaps here.

Bilgediver

Visit site
I think that as a consequence of a disabled ship, a wind on the beam and possibly a slight flow in the canal we have a new lock gate. Suspect it could ke

Bilgediver

Visit site
You could - however - surgicaly remove... with gas axes... the pointy bit just frd of the collision bulkhead.... all same Suevic... golly thats showing my age... [/QUOTE said:
Be much easier to unshackle the anchor on the nearby ship and run the anchor chain down to the stern of the Ever Whatsit and warp her around. Might have to take the other anchor aft. All in a days work for an anchor handling vessel :)

penfold

Visit site

Line cutting charge wrapped around at the relevant point; boom! :ROFLMAO:

It's well on if this is anything like reality.

Z6XGjBnW.png

pyrojames

transat2013.blogspot.co.uk
At the risk of being a total bore, I am still serious about dynamite. A step too far perhaps but old squadron (617 squadron) could vapourise that ship by evening. Cleaning up could be done with a garden rake. Seriously though, there must be watertight bulkheads so it would stay afloat if the bow were blown off.
My preferred solution should not come as a surprise to anyone who knows me. Simply set the deck cargo on fire, with a bit a planning and box selection you could probably burn off enough tonnage to get afloat within the week. :)

Concerto

Visit site
If as Kukri tells us, the shipping business has a significant interest in IT. Then it simply needs to do this;

View attachment 112176

Edit: I can't take credit for the idea as I received it from my nephew.
All of you who like this idea must be daft asI think it should be turned counter clockwise to release the ship..