Stuff for tracking lost boats

NevilleB

Visit site
This might be covered somewhere else already. I put a GPS tracker on my boat. It is small and connects to the bilge float switch and an infrared motion detector. You can connect it to other things too, but I've kept it simple.

It simply sends me text message to my mobile phone if anything goes wrong. If your boat gets stolen or comes adrift, the GeoFence can alert you. Then you can find it using Google Maps. There are many types available, all slightly different, but they all do the same main job. I bought mine over the internet from http://www.smart-azz.com. If you do a search you'll find others. For the price, they are worth it in my opinion.

sarabande

Visit site
Can you set my mind at rest please ?

Do you have any connection or affiliation with the company to which you have so kindly provided a link ? Apart from being a satisfied customer, that is.:)

nickd

Visit site
I would be very wary of a site that is selling stuff that has not/ cannot/ will not publish company details, contact, name, addrees, phone number nor email

NevilleB

Visit site
No, I just bought one a couple of months ago. Since then I've seen quite a few more. I think they all do the same thing really. I also bought one recently for my houseboat.

Last edited:

seawings222

Visit site
boatwarden

I installed a BoatWarden to my boat last year and it works great.Here in Ireland we get so much rain that 2 years ago the water went above my starter and it cost me a fortune for an orignal Volvo Starter. I can relax now knowing it is monitored all the time. There are several companies doing this so you can choose which system you want. I went with BoatWarden mecause it was made for the marine industry and not a car tracker that was altered.
Hope this helps.

NevilleB

Visit site
I had a very similar situation, very heavy rain while I was away on holiday and a deck drain hose that came loose...... The bilge pumps eventually ran the service batteries low. The Boat-Boy Tracker kicked in and sent me a message and I got a mate to go have a look. Saved alot of further problems. The back-up battery save function was worth its weight in gold, once the main batts were offline I got an sms and the Tracker went into batt save mode.

I've also has a battery voltage sensor and infrared motion detector connected. I must have a look at the type you have.