Storage for boat on trailer near Windermere

thepadd

Visit site
Hi Guys,
I'm looking for either short or long term storage for my boat. It was being stored at a mate's house but now needs to move. The local storage facility is full right now, so the easy solution is off the cards. I need to do a bit of work on it, and maybe more over the winter, so ideally I'd like somewhere where people dont mind a bit of noise and mess.
Does anyone know of anywhere? By the way, the boat is a Mk1 Sadler Seawych, so its very much a shoestring boat, but I'd like to get it all up and working and on 'The Lake' each summer.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

thepadd

Visit site
I'm going to give this one a nudge as I'm a bit desperate. The plan was try and move it next week, but I'm struggling with anywhere to move it to!

ridgy

Visit site
It's not that near Windermere but glasson sailing club is pretty cheap and they have a decent yard with showers and a pub in walking distance. You also have the benefit of also being able to go on the sea should you wish. Piel island is a pleasant little trip in summer.

coveman

Visit site
Try advertising in a local farmers store - I'm not familiar with your area but most farmers will have empty sheds this time of year and normally at cheap rates.

thepadd

Visit site
It's not that near Windermere but glasson sailing club is pretty cheap and they have a decent yard with showers and a pub in walking distance. You also have the benefit of also being able to go on the sea should you wish. Piel island is a pleasant little trip in summer.
That's actually a smashing idea as I'd like to get the old girl in the sea. I've been to Piel Island and the idea of getting there under sail (with a packed lunch cos last time I went the pub was still not open) is a great idea!

AEMD

Visit site
We bought a boat from Maiden marine a few years ago, it was situated at a ( their ? ) yard at Burnside near Kendal, several rather sad looking boats and trailers, so working on one would be no problem whatsoever. May be worth just having a word with them if that looks any good - you can only ask. They may remember me, I bought the Leisure 23SL and towed it back to France.

davidpbo

Boatless in Cheshire. Formerly 23ft Jeanneau Tonic
myweb.tiscali.co.uk
Talk to the Lake Wardens 015394 42753, is it in a state to be put on the lake? They don't have any facility to store or work on the boat in season but do have some limited trailer storage but that is probably full.

Maiden Marine may have some storage at Burneside. 015394 88050

If I recall correctly there was a billboard on the Crook road advertising storage.

There may be caravan storage yards around.

Last edited:

thepadd

Visit site
Thanks guys. Tried the Lake Wardens but no joy. Will try Maiden Marine and ask my mate if he's going along the Crook Road soon

thepadd

Visit site
Hi guys, thanks for all the info here. The best solution turned out to be to go to the likes of Ferry Nab, Fell Foot etc and talk to whoever you can. It actually looked like I was going to get a mooring on the lake AND storage for the trailer, but the moorings process is stupidly slow, so I've binned Windermere off for this year. Instead I'm spending a few weeks, cleaning and polishing the hull (I want to try next year with no antifoul, just a polished gelcoat hull, clean up the topsides and get the cabin water-tight, then make it ready for next season. I'm fed up of a damp and smelly cabin!