Stolen Yamaha 4hp outboard

Wilko81

Visit site
Please all keep your eyes open or if you get offered a 4hp Yamaha outboard.
Just stolen off my boat at haslar 10 mins ago .

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
Please all keep your eyes open or if you get offered a 4hp Yamaha outboard.
Just stolen off my boat at haslar 10 mins ago .

I'm sorry to hear that. The gear lever broke off ours last week, but I'm still fond of it and would be sorry if it got nicked. (I'd also have a brand new Yamaha gear lever sitting on the kitchen worktop that I'd be wondering what to do with.

I assume its the 4AC 2EO like ours?

Wilko81

Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that. The gear lever broke off ours last week, but I'm still fond of it and would be sorry if it got nicked. (I'd also have a brand new Yamaha gear lever sitting on the kitchen worktop that I'd be wondering what to do with.

I assume its the 4AC 2EO like ours?

Wilko81

Visit site
Yes it's not the newest but still worth a few quid . And to replace with a good reliable unit of course is going to cost me more .

mlines

www.sportsboat.org.uk
Also make sure when you tell the police that you point out there is a spate of these across the South East. Following a whole raft of thefts along the length of the Thames in the last couple of weeks it became clear that each police station was treating it as an isolated local incident. It was only when it was pointed out that close on 100 outboards have been stolen across the entire south east in the last few weeks that Police have begun to look at it as a more organised crime

http://www.riverthamesnews.com/News...XYHqcekZIGrXXiZLCJzeIUL_zDXVOJSZPfCwthjHHIvEA

Wilko81

Visit site
Thanks for all the comments guys . Yes there is CCTV . The police are aware . Marine police are pushing this more than the regular police department. A marine officer rang me today and was very nice and positive in the direction he wants to take with regards catching the people , And have the very good CCTV I'm told . Clear face shots etc etc . Not to confident at getting the engine back but hopefully catch the bone heads responsible for the thefts.

Will update once I have a little more info as could well help someone else who is in the same situation.

Regards carl