Standar Horizon HX270E - no CH09........

Sy-Revolution

Visit site
Hi Folks,
My Standard Horizon HX270E won't transmit on channels 8-14 and 70. Which is a PITA as most marinas are on CH9, the main reason for having the thing is short range ship-to-shore, like contacting marinas. Why wont it transmit on these channels and is it possible to get it to do so? Esspecially CH9.

Cheers,

C.

salamicollie

Visit site
It wont transmit on 70 as this is the Channel used for DSC

Should transmit on the others and they are all simplex channels - check if it is set to International not Canadian or US also was it a European version? Also is it configured as a shore station in which case as some these are intership frequencies they may be blocked

Otherwise get it to a SH dealer...

Bilgediver

Visit site
Hi Folks,
My Standard Horizon HX270E won't transmit on channels 8-14 and 70. Which is a PITA as most marinas are on CH9, the main reason for having the thing is short range ship-to-shore, like contacting marinas. Why wont it transmit on these channels and is it possible to get it to do so? Esspecially CH9.

Cheers,

C.

Just checked mine......Channel 8 transmits fine on international.

.......Channel 14 transmits on international.

........Channel 70 has transmit locked out as per current specifications as it is the DSC DATA channel only.

It sounds like your firmware in the radio has had a glitch so it might correct if you do a reset or it might need some TLC from Horizon Vertex (Yaesu)

Try removing the battery for a few hours and replacing it if we cant find the reset procedure.

Bilgediver

Visit site
Tried the battery thing but no good. As a work around I could switch to USA for ch9, or would that get me into trouble?...............................

Won t get you into trouble but should not be necessary. Speak to your dealer as they have software in their PC,s to reprogram such things as Private and channel 0 so maybe could fix this.