St Vaast le Hogue

jimi

Visit site
I was thinking of going across there at Easter until someone said everything might be closed on good Friday ... any thoughts?

JamesS

Visit site
I don't know about Good Friday, but a lot tend to close on Sundays especially in the evening and Mondays are usually a closed day in France.

Cheers

Visit site
The supermarket outside the town might well be closed but the restaurants on the harbour front & Monsieur Gosselin's famous supermarket, wine shop, bucherie and charcuterie are usually open EVERY sunday morning until noon.

Steve Cronin

robp

Visit site
Stop it, I can smell the cheese, taste the wine and see the delivery, pontoon bound now...

"Hello, is that SWMBO? Now; about Easter"

jimi

Visit site
We'll see you there, weather permitting! There is a seriously high spring tide though, so if I'm not there I may be in St Peter Port !

VMALLOWS

Visit site
Yes, the ride in the old truck is fun, but last time a rather miserable driver dumped by 15-odd boxes so far from my pontoon I thought I'd never get them home before the locals helped themselves. Fortunately a boatfull of Germans lent a hand.

You forgot to mention the main attraction....the oysters!

robp

Visit site
Shame, the last Brit probably didn't tip him! Put on my list for this year.. portable sack truck.

The French equivalent of a "greasy spoon cafe" or a fish & chip shop must be that sea food cafe along by the chandlers. As a yottie said last year, a glass of something dry and white and a plate of Mussels or Oysters are a memorable pleasure. Cheap too!

celandine

Visit site
We went in for a quiet few days last August, only to find an enormous fun-fair all around the harbour, blasting out 'music' dj'd by an excitable Frenchman very fond of his own amplified voice - especially in the small hours. Fine if you like that sort of thing. My concern would be that the fete du paques might be an excuse for another bash.