Sprayhood

Debennut

Visit site
"Onesails" at Levington, made an excellent spray hood and cockpit cover for me. Workmanship excellent; service first rate; highly recommended.

Visit site
+1 for paul gray / dolphin. Got many quotes and they were "upper middle". They renewed all our canvas work - dodgers, stack pack, spray hood, all over cockpit cover. The result was truly fantastic. They attended the boat 6 times and when I asked about payment they refused to accept anything until the whole job was finished and i was totally happy with it. They said they would re-attend as many times as necessary to ensure bit was perfect. And it was. You get what you pay for. Highly recommended. They also keep all the templates so if you ever shred it they can send a replacement to wherever you may be. He also have me a big off cut of material so if I ever ripped orbit needed repairs I have a precise colour match.

prologica

Visit site
Oops….I never did thank everyone for their input on my Sprayhood query, which were very helpful.
after speaking to a few suppliers, I had greater confidence in selecting Dolphin for the work and we were very happy with the result which features in my icon image on the left. It is still looking good after 8 years. We did have a leather patch added later on the top edge due to some chafe where I think crew were dropping the hood with the boom pulled down by a tight vang. This sorted that issue. Otherwise we have some damage to the windows, again mainly due to crew preferring to sail with the hood dropped and possibly some size 12 boots being applied as the mainsail is dropped. Paul had advised that that inevitably leads to early crazing or holing of the windows. Overall we had no regrets of going with Dolphin.

Bob Stays

Visit site
Dolphin are fitting mine this week. I would not have the Woolverstone lot do anything for me.
call Paul Gray a call
paul@dolphin-sails.com
I think Paul Gray has set up his own company called Elite Yacht Covers and is based in Manningtree. We just has a spray hood for a Hanse 370 done by him this winter and can confirm it looks very smart and was delivered and fitted as promised. I think they do they measurements using a computer somehow!

WF36

Visit site
I think Paul Gray has set up his own company called Elite Yacht Covers and is based in Manningtree. We just has a spray hood for a Hanse 370 done by him this winter and can confirm it looks very smart and was delivered and fitted as promised. I think they do they measurements using a computer somehow!
Original post from 2014! ? But also very happy with Elite’s various bits and bobs they have fitted to my boat.

sailorman

Visit site
Hi All,

Does anyone have any direct/indirect experience of sprayhood makers in the Orwell area? Sail and Cover in Woolverstone and Dolphin-Sails have been suggested to me. Anyone have any good or bad experiences of these two suppliers?

thanks ues elite boat covers. The provide a quality service. The altered my dolphin made hood and modified the aft ss hoop by adding a gra rail. The grab rail is very well made
P