Speed Transducer cable joining

jamie N

Visit site
A bit of both. I'd say that YouTube was your friend here, as somewhere there'll be a relevant video on repairing or joining the type of cable that you recognise, and it'll run through a good procedure. It'd be your decision whether it's within your competency level of course, or whether you'd want to farm it out. Joining cables isn't tricky, but when I started, it seemed to be! After joining many hundreds, I'd still be able to easily screw it up, if I didn't pay attention.

stranded

Visit site
Finally, can anyone (I think that probably means Paul!) point me to where I can buy a Wago 207-1375 gel box for 5x221- 2411 inline connectors. I have spent all morning on google and it is driving me nuts - it doesn’t seem to exist in the UK. I know I could use an alternative but it looks a pretty tidy solution.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
This may be irrelevant to the OP, but there are speed transducers where the length of the connecting cable is critical, and the cable may not be shortened or lengthened. The NASA electromagnetic transducer is one such. I'm pretty sure that a connector in that would impact its operation.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Finally, can anyone (I think that probably means Paul!) point me to where I can buy a Wago 207-1375 gel box for 5x221- 2411 inline connectors. I have spent all morning on google and it is driving me nuts - it doesn’t seem to exist in the UK. I know I could use an alternative but it looks a pretty tidy solution.
Any suitably sized waterproof enclosure will be fine, lots on Ebay.

Or here : WAGO - Gel Box for 221 Series

Or : https://cpc.farnell.com/wago/207-1373/gel-box-in-line-221-series-size/dp/CN24456?ost=207-1373

The part numbers for the inline gel boxes are 207-1372 and 207-1373

stranded

Visit site