Speed log - old type bowden cable impellor

Refueler

Visit site
Its seized ... and the impellor has a length of the cable sticking out of it to rear - as if the cable has been pulled ...

Boat is in water at present - but soon she will be lifted to replace bellows on the 270 outdrive.

Question is to whether see if I can get it to work - would be good if possible as then saves cutting hull to fit paddle wheel log .. replace display etc.

VicS

Visit site
Its seized ... and the impellor has a length of the cable sticking out of it to rear - as if the cable has been pulled ...

Boat is in water at present - but soon she will be lifted to replace bellows on the 270 outdrive.

Question is to whether see if I can get it to work - would be good if possible as then saves cutting hull to fit paddle wheel log .. replace display etc.
IIRC it was like that on the boat I used to crew. .............. VDO

Refueler

Visit site
One of the difficulties - the helm console is a heavy GRP box screwed to the cockpit fwd stbd bulkhead. It only has a small cut-out in the bottom ...

To get at stuff - the console needs to be unscrewed and lowered off the small brackets. This includes the steering .. not something to do lightly ! A two man job.

Original :

8limG0cl.jpg

Now with extra fitted by previous owner :

wVFVj0bl.jpg

I will have to as I need to rewire some items .. fit a new switch panel .... etc.