Speed Camera Question Again - Sorry! NB

• Thread starter Deleted User YDKXO
  • Start date

Planty

Visit site
Perhaps the difference between this scenario and ours was that we never admitted to who it could possibly be, not, "we don't know whether it was me or the Sheila!" Just we haven't a clue who was driving at the time could have been one of many. Insurance check on who is on my Insurance, doesn't work as anyone can drive my car as long as they have "3rd Party Insurance" which is of course included in everyones comprehensive insurance.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Planty

Visit site
Re: Plod Cars - its our money

Yes, lovely vehicle, went well, best dashboard of any car on the road. Could not possibly justify price as was just dumping ES TD5 Mk3 Disco. Loved that car, fell to bits within 3 years!

<hr width=100% size=1>

jfm

Visit site

Best dashboard, the current RR? It has exposed screw heads on the top of the dash, 6 or 8 of em, ugh, doesn't it?

<hr width=100% size=1>

D

Deleted User YDKXO

RR 4.4 V8............. 0-60 8.7 secs 129mph max ......£60k
VW Golf 1.9 TDi....0-60 8.5 secs 127mph max.......£13k
(Source - Autocar Test Results)

White Transit 330 ...0-60 4.6secs 150mph max
(Source - any motorway any day)

So I was wrong, the RR 4.4 V8 can just about keep pace with a VW 1.9 diesel and would never catch a Transit. Mmm, not much of a chase car then and I bet a well driven Golf would eat it along an A or B road

The Rangie is an expensive, slow, thirsty minibus

<hr width=100% size=1>

jimi

Visit site

Think minibus is being kind to the RR, a more apt desciption might be block of flats

<hr width=100% size=1>

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Thanks, Observer, thats a very interesting site and I'm glad to see somebody is fighting back against the ever increasing persecution of the motorist. I've managed to find a post which covers my exact situation and even suggests the text of a letter that I should use in response to the NIP

<hr width=100% size=1>

Its_Only_Money

Visit site
I'd have thought it would come under perverting the course of justice if you named the driver without knowing who it was. If in court then you can't be required to perjure yourself can you? esp if that position is the one you take immediately on discussion with plod (hence the police caution doesn't apply).

<hr width=100% size=1>Rgds

Simon
Its Only Money
Fairline Sprint
Solent-based

Its_Only_Money

Visit site

"and I bet a well driven Golf would eat it along an A or B road"

Sure, but how many motorway patrol cars do you see chasing golfs down B roads....

....that's what the helicopters for! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Simon
Its Only Money
Fairline Sprint
Solent-based

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Well, what exactly are Plod RR's for then? We've established that they wont outrun a Golf diesel, they carry less payload than a Transit and do'nt tow a 44tonner as well as a tow truck. Supremely air suspendery comfortable for 2 fat arsed rozzers but that's about it

<hr width=100% size=1>

Its_Only_Money

Visit site

That's the point, its the combination of space, weight carrying, speed and yes towing a 44-tonner when you don't have a tow truck - presume you'd be happier waiting for the tow truck than having the boys haul it to the hard shoulder with the RR?????

Simon
Its Only Money
Fairline Sprint
Solent-based

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Yes. I can just imagine the average PC plod towing 44 ton with a rangerover. Probably create more carnage than the original accident!!

<hr width=100% size=1> No one can force me to come here. I'm a volunteer!!.

Haydn

D

Deleted User YDKXO

If a 44tonner is towable by a RR, that means its on its wheels which means 99.9% for sure its on the hard shoulder so it's not blocking traffic. If its on its side ie likely to be blocking traffic there's no way a RR will shift it. In any case, Plod seems to shut the motorway every time there's an accident these days so there's plenty of time for a tow truck to arrive
Yup, I'd be much happier if Plod chopped their in their £60k RR's for £15k Mondeo estates 'coz for every £45k saved, that would mean an extra Plod on the beat. Come to think of it, probably not, they'd blow it on extra Gatso's

<hr width=100% size=1>

Its_Only_Money

Visit site

The "tow a 44-tonner" was a police statement of their requirements, not mine. I'm just saying that you can't do that with a Golf, a Transit, or even a Landcruiser (Toyota refused to take part).

My guess is that if you load a Mondeo with all the kit carried by the police RR's you wouldn't end up with anything stable enough at high speeds but you may know better. Then you'd have the "load-carrying" Mondeo and the "chase car" Mondeo and bang go your savings (the rest dissappearing in additional maint costs)....

The national audit office has had decades to shoot at the m-way police RR's but hasn't chosen to so I expect the cost vs requirements must stack up.

Simon
Its Only Money
Fairline Sprint
Solent-based

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Funny how it stacks up that Plod has RR's and the rest of the world makes do with Vectras and Mondeos but, hey, its not their money they're spending

<hr width=100% size=1>

halcyon

Visit site

Saw a Rover 75 estate in Police colours the other day, beware.

Brian

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://link>www.kddpowercentre.com</A>

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Well, I applaud that. Save some cash and support UK PLC

<hr width=100% size=1>

ArthurWood

Visit site
Had my first experience of speed camera gotcha in Oct on UK in rental car. Subsequently notified by rental co of impending proscn, so called constab concerned and they let me off cos I'm foreign.

<hr width=100% size=1>

duncan

Visit site
Re:M3 Plod Cars

talking of which I saw a V plated black Volvo T5 inc big boot spoiler on the M3 shoulder having a chat with a Golf last weekend -
worried 'cos it was really made up to look boy racer and one of my 'mental checks' is age - wouldn't have thought they would still be running a V plate..........
Anyway add it to the brown S60, silver Lexus I200 etc

<hr width=100% size=1>madesco madidum ..../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

ontheplane

Visit site
Speed ticket

It is a criminal offence to state in evidence something that you are not sure is true. Therefore if asked to identify driver and you aren't sure you can't obey 172 without breaking the law in other area.

Write back and state that the driver could have been one of two people. You HAVE identified the driver (as one of the two people) and therefore have technically complied with section 172, but state that you are not prepared to give false evidence by stating categorically which one WAS driving. The burden of proof falls with Police still (and in fact not even police, it is Safety Cam Part) to prove who was driving. Also right to not incriminate yourself is still enshrined as a cornerstone of english law.

Also, call the helpline... Ask them to clarify all this and refuse repeatedly to comit perjury by stating something as a fact that you are not sure of. If you wind them up enough they will threaten you with all sorts - if they threaten you with something that isn't applicable (eg prison etc) then they have attempted to extract a false confession with menaces - a crime that carries a MASSIVE penalty (about 5yrs in prison) so then take their name - ask to speak to supervisor and explain you have recorded the conversation and that you wish to press charges... They should drop it then.

All IMHO

<hr width=100% size=1>Why can't we work 2 days a week and boat the other 5????