Spanish Med marinas and swimming pools

Octopussy

Visit site
Hello everyone!
I'm looking to compile a list of Spanish Mediterranean marina's that have use of swimming pool. The only one I know of is Sant Carles but I'm sure there must be others.

The cruising area could be anywhere between Gibraltar and Barcelona. At the moment, this is just to explore options whether to take a long term rental villa or cruise the area via marinas.

Just wondering if Spanish Med sailors can make any suggestions for me?

Octopussy

Visit site
The main reason, I go very blotchy and itchy in sea water. I love swimming, but it is really restricted to clean water swimming pools.

Sorry for the delay in replying but I have to have all my replies moderated!

Ric

Visit site
The main reason, I go very blotchy and itchy in sea water. I love swimming, but it is really restricted to clean water swimming pools.

Sorry for the delay in replying but I have to have all my replies moderated!

You are completely off beat here. Swimming pools are filthy, full of all sorts of bodily excretions, infections, bacteria and then vaguely sterilised by chlorination, a chemical which was used to deadly effect in various wars. Why on earth would you want to swim in a public swimming pool?

If you get "blotchy and itchy" from swimming in natural sea water, then go to a doctor and get yourself sorted out. You would appear to have some sort of illness.

Octopussy

Visit site
You are completely off beat here. Swimming pools are filthy, full of all sorts of bodily excretions, infections, bacteria and then vaguely sterilised by chlorination, a chemical which was used to deadly effect in various wars. Why on earth would you want to swim in a public swimming pool?

If you get "blotchy and itchy" from swimming in natural sea water, then go to a doctor and get yourself sorted out. You would appear to have some sort of illness.

I'm glad I've not visited the pools you have been to.:disgust:

skipperwales

Visit site
I'm glad I've not visited the pools you have been to.:disgust:

Seems to me it's an individuals choice where he swims and its entirely reasonable to ask for factual information about swimming pools from a group who may know the answers.

The word ' natural' is meaningless in terms of biological, chemical risk or aesthetics. The sea teams with harmful viruses, bacteria, protozoa, invertebrates and vertebrates. I would rather swallow well maintained swimming pool water than sea water bordering a heavily populated and industrialised area and much of Iberia and the Med would fit that description.

Having said that, again, it's all about choice isn't it

BrianH

www.brianhenry.byethost18.com

You sound like my wife. She used to accompany and assist her professor chief, a world-renowned urologist who invented a procedure named after him to replace a patient's bladder after cancer surgery and who was asked to demonstrate it in hospitals all over the world. Despite them being accommodated in the most luxurious of hotels, always with pools, neither of them would ever put a toe in one - anywhere. If two urologists who know the risks do not entertain the thought of lowering their skin, let alone their orifices, into pool water there must be something in it ... [pun intended].

Me? I swim anywhere and everywhere, providing the water temperature is over 22°C.